A couple of issues.

lord_helmet

First I would like to congratulate the team behind the Saab for a tremendously enjoyable aircraft. I've got some 18 hours and about as many landings in the bird now. Right now it's the only thing I fly (and I am not even just using X-plane) I'm really beginning to get the hang of flying it, and I'm enjoying it immensely. However I've come across some issues. Don't know if I am alone experiencing this but here goes: 

1. Turning off HDR, the taxi and landing lights no longer illuminate the ground (I just noticed this as I always use HDR). 

2. With HDR on I get texture flickering if I look to the left and right in cockpit. 

3. Problems getting the engines started from time to time. Using the checklists to the letter I get the engines started in about 50% of the time. The temperature climbs to about 15-20 and then nothing. Restarting X-plane and then using the EXACT same procedure might get the engine started. Very odd. 

1.  This is correct.  There are over 250 custom lights in the Saab and the landing lights and taxi light are just a couple of them.  Custom lights require HDR to be on to work.  

2.  Could you please post a screenshot or elaborate a bit more.

3.  Not sure what might be causing this.  If you are using a manual start, it's likely you might be missing a step that is easily overlooked.  Make sure the Condition Levers are in the START detent.  The levers will slightly "snap" into position.

• 2 months later...

I recently experienced that same starting problem. i followed the checklist start procedures and the engine temp would get to 32 and stop there and nothing happens. this problem first occurred after i quit X-plane mid flight. i don't know if that had any effect on the aircraft.