Redpiper1 Is Really Pumping Them Out

JohnMAXX

Hmmm, I hjave the latest version of 10 x and just tried to get clouds moving in the mountains of Oregon at Joseph State airport. Have scattered cumulus set from 6000ft to 18,000ft

with wind speeds set to 60mph at all 3 levels. Watched it for the longest time and nothing was moving. also had the puffs set 98%. Seriously disapointed they don`t work yet.

I miss REX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg433may9Hg&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Jim Kallinen

Hmmm, I hjave the latest version of 10 x and just tried to get clouds moving in the mountains of Oregon at Joseph State airport. Have scattered cumulus set from 6000ft to 18,000ft

with wind speeds set to 60mph at all 3 levels. Watched it for the longest time and nothing was moving. also had the puffs set 98%. Seriously disapointed they don`t work yet.

I miss REX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg433may9Hg&feature=player_embedded

Jim,

And they wont Jim, you need my add-on.....

• Upvote 1

Looking really good. The only annoyance that remains is the limited draw distance of clouds. With overcast/broken skies it often looks like flying under a huge sticky cloud with blue skies right around the corner.

But I thinks it's on LR to work that out...

Still a huge improvement, though.

Flo

This plugin completely replaces the build in cloud engine, it's not just a texture pack.

Power and control is completely in Yellow Dogs hands. (YAY!)

I know it's not just a texture pack but there may be limitations to the draw distance nonetheless due to XP.

There is a cloud draw distance slider in the Skymaxx UI. John, what's the max .draw distance of the plugin and how does it compare to the default cloud engine/draw distance?

Best regards

Flo

Edited by FloB

I know it's not just a texture pack but there may be limitations to the draw distance nonetheless due to XP.

There is a cloud draw distance slider in the Skymaxx UI. John, what's the max .draw distance of the plugin and how does it compare to the default cloud engine/draw distance?

Best regards

Flo

Actually our clouds are cut off at a distance, but I have shown quite a few images at higher altitudes which show SkyMAXX Pro looking way better at multiple flight levels......

The limitation here isn't with X-Plane but hardware, and our compromise, SM and default, for performance......

Sad that X-Plane 10 can`t get their weather engine together enough to make the clouds move with the wind. Forcing it to a outside vender to make it and make money

from something that should have alrady been built in. This is not a Diss to you John. More of a poke at Laminar for failing to keep what worked in the sim.

• Upvote 1

... if it can be lightyears better than what would come from stock XP10, why not ? Many sims out there ( FSX being the first ) are modded to the core, there is not much left of the originial release so why X-Plane should be an exception ? Art-graphical side can be inifinitely shaped isn't it ?

Sad that X-Plane 10 can`t get their weather engine together enough to make the clouds move with the wind. Forcing it to a outside vender to make it and make money

from something that should have alrady been built in. This is not a Diss to you John. More of a poke at Laminar for failing to keep what worked in the sim.

Actually Jim its a diss to 3rd party development.........