Paint Kit

Dhruv

Been having a blast flying her around Jim.

Any plans for a paint kit to allow add-on liveries?

Great work on the bird! Easily my new favorite GA.

Dhruv,

Thanks for the nice comments.  I also enjoy flying this plane more than any other :D

The liveries and tail number are coordinated by the plugin so that when you choose a specific livery the tail number changes in the cockpit.  In addition, the DRM (Gizmo) prevents changes to the acf file so there can be no changes to the tail number by the end user.   

Because of the above, I did not include a paint kit.  I will have to think about this some more and consider the consequences (support, etc.) before I make a decision.

I hope you continue to enjoy the plane.

Jim

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Jim,

I got your Corvalis as a Christmas present to myself today after reading the article on the Cessna Corvalis TT in the recent issue of Flying magazine, January 2011. I was not disappointed. I completed the tutorial flight from Bend to KPDX and had a blast, though it IS a challenge to enter a flight plan, and for some reason I can't load a saved plan. But... the livery of the airplane on the cover, N135TT, is breathtaking. Any plans (I hope) to release this livery? It's a stunner.

http://www.bfsnapa.com/images/aircraft-sales/N135TT/N135TT.jpg

Bill

post-1994-131369596678_thumb.jpg

Jim,

I got your Corvalis as a Christmas present to myself today after reading the article on the Cessna Corvalis TT in the recent issue of Flying magazine, January 2011. I was not disappointed. I completed the tutorial flight from Bend to KPDX and had a blast, though it IS a challenge to enter a flight plan, and for some reason I can't load a saved plan. But... the livery of the airplane on the cover, N135TT, is breathtaking. Any plans (I hope) to release this livery? It's a stunner.

http://www.bfsnapa.com/images/aircraft-sales/N135TT/N135TT.jpg

Bill

Bill,

Thank you very much for buying the Corvalis.  I hope you enjoy it.

Cessna did a couple of liveries that are being used to "grab" attention at shows however they will not be made available to the public.  Interestingly most of the Columbia/Cessna 400 owners do not like these "marketing" liveries at all and wish Cessna would go back to the original (Columbia) paint scheme.  I can't say for certain that I will not do these liveries but I have no plans of doing them at this time.

Thanks again for your business.

Jim

Jim,

Well, I sure as heck like the livery! And you're welcome for the business. I believe in supporting those who take the trouble and make the effort to create quality products, but just as important is my enthusiasm for your product, since I talk to others. Maybe this "marketing" livery will help your marketing also. It's sure an eye-catcher, enough to get on the cover of Flying!

Bill

• 1 year later...

Taste is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer a liverys which accentuate, not cut up, the natural lines of the airframe. Certainly, the Corvalis appears to be a Lancair but I've not found any mention of this on-line. Incidentally, the Corvalis, using terrain mode on the GPS moving map, is the perfect airplane for exploring the Hawaiian islands. Great fun. The Corvalis makes all other X-Plane aircraft obsolete.

Charley Roesch

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...