[In Progress] improvements

KAPTEJNLN

Hello there.

I got this bird yesterday and i found some stuff here and there.. first of all im happy my Goflight MCP works limited and thanks for what works as thats not always good but the hdg, alt and vs works right out of the boxs..

How ever the radios like other have noticed is a bit sad.. to go futher i had whished the g flight device had worked here as it´s some of the reason i have hardware to changse frq and such in a hurry where adjusting in the plane can be harder then whit hardware..

A thing i noticed that is a bit iritating is the sound is not saved so we every time have to adjust the vol..

A small note to the auto start funktion that makes me wounder why dosent it turn on the beacon light as i have seen if you manualy turn things on and only want it to stat the eng properly it resets all.. so that might awenser why not manualy turn it on.

I also noticed some wired colurs on the plane when the sun is goeing down (blue of the windows from the outside, perhaps a limit but i would notice it here as well)

it´s a few things i have noticed and hope could be solved some how.. 

But els a nice bird except from a missing fms and 32 bit version hehe :-)

Thanks for it, keep goeing whit the good work..

How ever the radios like other have noticed is a bit sad.. to go futher i had whished the g flight device had worked here as it´s some of the reason i have hardware to changse frq and such in a hurry where adjusting in the plane can be harder then whit hardware..

We simulated the Pro Line II system per spec. As such, there may be features that do not work with GF hardware and you'll need to contact the developer of that plugin to look into it.

A thing i noticed that is a bit iritating is the sound is not saved so we every time have to adjust the vol..

A small note to the auto start funktion that makes me wounder why dosent it turn on the beacon light as i have seen if you manualy turn things on and only want it to stat the eng properly it resets all.. so that might awenser why not manualy turn it on.

Jim will respond here.

I also noticed some wired colurs on the plane when the sun is goeing down (blue of the windows from the outside, perhaps a limit but i would notice it here as well)

I have only ever seen this on HDR, and it is a rendering artifact up to Laminar to improve when they get time.

But els a nice bird except from a missing fms and 32 bit version hehe :-)

Considering the A never had an FMS, it's not "missing". :)

32-bit? Ancient. Time to push people to move forward (developers especially).

You can probably use UFMC with it.  Your time and struggle to make that work is still less expensive than the $20k+ you'd have to pay an avionics technician to install an FMS into a real Saab 340A (which I'm sure has been done, somewhere in the world, at some point).  rigging an 'aftermarket' FMS into an older plane is a completely realistic thing to do.  The LES folks have given you an as-built-from-Saab 340A, identical to how Saab would have delivered it to you.  What you do with it after you buy it is up to you, your mechanic, and the FAA/EAA/etc. :)

The lack of 32-bit is really only a problem for VATSIM flyers currently.  Once XSB64 drops, there will be absolutely no reason whatsoever to use 32-bit X-Plane anymore.  I hear they're "close" with XSB64.  I'm considering talking to them and seeing if I can lend a hand with it, since I'm a software developer/systems engineer myself, and I really really want to see it done.  I hope they are not holding up the entire project because of Mac audio issues, though;  they should release the windows version now, that way people can find bugs/get them fixed/*use the thing* while they work out the mac audio issues... but i don't know the whole story, there may be more going on there than I'm aware of.

• Upvote 1

This was a design decision at the time of implementation.  It's not as simple as it may seem.  We may consider this in the future but for now there will be no changes.

Auto-Start is not a "proper procedure" start.  It was implemented for those that don't have the time to do a manual start.  It will get the "bare minimum" of systems started and then you can proceed from there.  We could have included many more things but we primarily wanted the user to be able to not have to sit and watch the engines spin-up or wait for the AHRS to initialize... everything else following that can be done quickly by the user so it was not added to the autostart process.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

Edited by JGregory

I'm not familier with how GF works, but you do have access to the radio frequency commands of the Saab in the Joystick & Equipment tab.

You can probably use UFMC with it.  Your time and struggle to make that work is still less expensive than the $20k+ you'd have to pay an avionics technician to install an FMS into a real Saab 340A (which I'm sure has been done, somewhere in the world, at some point).  rigging an 'aftermarket' FMS into an older plane is a completely realistic thing to do.  The LES folks have given you an as-built-from-Saab 340A, identical to how Saab would have delivered it to you.  What you do with it after you buy it is up to you, your mechanic, and the FAA/EAA/etc. :)

The lack of 32-bit is really only a problem for VATSIM flyers currently.  Once XSB64 drops, there will be absolutely no reason whatsoever to use 32-bit X-Plane anymore.  I hear they're "close" with XSB64.  I'm considering talking to them and seeing if I can lend a hand with it, since I'm a software developer/systems engineer myself, and I really really want to see it done.  I hope they are not holding up the entire project because of Mac audio issues, though;  they should release the windows version now, that way people can find bugs/get them fixed/*use the thing* while they work out the mac audio issues... but i don't know the whole story, there may be more going on there than I'm aware of.

Yes i can confim it works UFMC whit in some limits, in combination whit the Goflight device but i would not recomend it.. as it´s far from easy to operate as there might be some glitches only i can use as i have the goflight device.. how ever i hope it stays that way.. as it´s a glitch i don´t want to talk about like the CRJ 200 where A/T was working and after a patch was removed.. so guys dont run out buy UFMC just to find it´s not working as you expect i can live whit it.  but if you got it try it.. but its far from perfect but it was never designed to run in combination..

keep that in mind.. it´s the b model that has the FMS if i understod that right as i have seen.

Edited by KAPTEJNLN

It would be great to have the B variant with the FMC in the future, as an upgrade, I believe I read something like that in some post some time ago. I would buy it ;)

We're definitely considering this. A break is in order since we have worked very hard on this project for so long, but I believe everyone will like what our future lineup holds. :)

• Upvote 2

hello again,

since yesterday i investegated some odd behavius during turbulence. and no i dont touch the controls it´s the turbulence it self, also sounds wrong turbulence on the ground. The plane moves the elevator and rudder during some surcomstances i cant tell why els then as show in my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74OE_k59OZ4

first i think it was x-plane it self but then i had a conversation whit the support at Laminar and he said i should incrase the CG by 20% in the plane maker that dosent sound right to compensate for that.. and some thing about the axis but ther wre all to the left as if set to the right it would do this effect normaly more or less..

then i had a look in the plane maker and hld it up agains another plane that dident have that problem as first i think it would affect all the plane as i have seen that in the past whit other planes but gave it a try.. so i comparied it whit the ATR from aerosoft. and edit as shown on the picture and the problem was solved.. The control surfes do no longer move all by them self

Afterwards i got a Lua programig that limits the turbulence to 0.8 (stil testing but seems promesing) as i have been like some other users iritated by the unrealistic weather out put from realworld weather. laminar would do anything even most would say it can be unrealistic.. yes it´s trick to fly in real life but not like here and yes i have been flyeing real life.

post-4505-0-11941200-1380057954_thumb.jp

Edited by KAPTEJNLN

flight surfaces move on the ground in the real world, at least on windy days in the pipers and cessnas that I used to fly.  Obviously those don't have hydraulic control surfaces, but for all I know the Saab only uses the hydraulics for the flaps and the gear and doesn't use them for the elevators, ailerons, and rudder (?)

This effect was shown whit eng of yes, however you see this effect all the time even in the air aswel.. I think you find it quite complicatet to control a plane that dosent respond to your input, when this happens and dependig on the turbulence the intencity. i can´t say if it´s caused by force feedback as i talked with Laminar support and he mentioned some thing about force feed back, when i showed him the video..

Edited by KAPTEJNLN

This effect was shown whit eng of yes, however you see this effect all the time even in the air aswel.. I think you find it quite complicatet to control a plane that dosent respond to your input, when this happens and dependig on the turbulence the intencity. i can´t say if it´s caused by force feedback as i talked with Laminar support and he mentioned some thing about force feed back, when i showed him the video..

Please be aware that such modifications now effectively void your support.

This is against the TOC as posted when you created an account for purchase.

Eh i provide as much info as posible, at any surconstances to spot a problem i find strang, as no mater how you put it turbulence does not affect a plane on the ground could we agree here? like it is strange it affect the controls at all. in this demo i only used turbulence. 

how ever i havent published any data only a picture that literaly has nothing whit the plane.

If we arent allowed to high light stuff i find quite strange.. Im the guy that try to analyse as much as posible to give awenser as well to the discovery so perhaps guys like you can add your experince in this as it could be i show something you wasent arare of or other options.

how ever modify a plane and then want support yep right i made a edit and can´t think i can get support for that but i say i was not using the default data. i came whit a solution i never said it was the right..

Best regards L.N.

Ok i got back to the released files and tryeid again and it´s the "fraction deflection" that caused it.. how ever i found a dataref code to the lua plugin and that way forced the sim to stop it insted of touching your files happy now?

I hope i can find the direct way to only stop those 2 varables as whit the code i found it might be like when i edit the plane files in plane maker. all variables to 0 but works hope i can release a lua file sometime in the future that stops this effect if not corected and limit the turbulence then i think a lot would be happy whit x-plane 10.. and the Saab

Ok i got back to the released files and tryeid again and it´s the "fraction deflection" that caused it.. how ever i found a dataref code to the lua plugin and that way forced the sim to stop it insted of touching your files happy now?
NO, this does not make me happy AT ALL!

If you write a script to "override" what we have engineered and designed, then you are on your own as far as support goes.

We are more than willing to consider what users have to say about the product, but modifications will not be tolerated or supported.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

well as far as: modifications will not be tolerated or supported. it´s no modification i actualy send a data ref to the x-plane sim not interfering whit your work.. thats what i said..

and yes it was a desussion about the behaviur, im not posting any modifications or what ever it might be about the plane i located some stuff. now im working on a way to cumunicate whit x-plane about limiting turbulence and stop the side effect on the ground, but still find it hard to belive a plane should act that way even i haven been flyeing that model i just know that the controls of the plane caused by this input seems strange. as even that input is off the turbulence affect the plane much..   

Edited by KAPTEJNLN

well as far as: modifications will not be tolerated or supported. it´s no modification i actualy send a data ref to the x-plane sim not interfering whit your work.. thats what i said..

and yes it was a desussion about the behaviur, im not posting any modifications or what ever it might be about the plane i located some stuff. now im working on a way to cumunicate whit x-plane about limiting turbulence and stop the side effect on the ground, but still find it hard to belive a plane should act that way even i haven been flyeing that model i just know that the controls of the plane caused by this input seems strange. as even that input is off the turbulence affect the plane much..   

If this has nothing to do with the Saab, then you should post your thought and findings regarding X-Plane's weather in a non-Saab related thread.

Well sorry my late reply, been bussy with other work for other companys.. it was the following 2 things i refered to:

1) Behaviur of elevator and rudder axis during the turbulence. that makes it act as shown in the video..

2) the turbulence it self. 

I found what caused number 1 and it could be tracked to "fraction deflection" programed in to the plane (plane maker). to not edit your work i created a lua to stop the sim by directly send new input to stop it.

2) was a bit off topic here i just mentioned as i know some are watching for it. how ever it only worked limited so no fix.. have to see if laminar would do something like they said they would look in to it.. end of storry.

So the main point here is the rudder and elervation behaviur..   

Edited by KAPTEJNLN