Change to POH and Tutorial for entering a waypoint in the FMS

JGregory

Hi, thank you for posting this step guide to manually entering the flight plan.

I have followed each step and the vector line has appeared on the MFD between the 2 airports I have entered however I there are a couple of steps I cannot figure out:

1) The FPL does not appear on the PFD mini screen. Do I need to make any further steps on the MFD after entering the flight plan?

and

2) Is it only possible to enter the flight plan manually using the key pad? The joystick selector (where the "Range" selector is) on the MFD does not work and I cannot find any sub menus to select nearest airport etc.. or gain airport information for auto tune to frequencies... Am I hoping for too much?

I'm really enjoying the sim of this equipment and hope it's me missing something

Juggy

1) The FPL does not appear on the PFD mini screen. Do I need to make any further steps on the MFD after entering the flight plan?

The Flight Plan option does not currently function on the PFD. Once you have entered all the waypoints there are no other steps except to set yourself up to fly the plan. See the POH for further details.

2) Is it only possible to enter the flight plan manually using the key pad? The joystick selector (where the "Range" selector is) on the MFD does not work and I cannot find any sub menus to select nearest airport etc.. or gain airport information for auto tune to frequencies... Am I hoping for too much?

Yes, currently the only method to enter a flight plan is using the "Ready Pad". The joystick ONLY changes the map range. NO, you're not hoping for too much :), those features are just not currently implemented.

Glad to see your enjoying the aircraft. Keep an eye out for future updates.

Jim

• 2 years later...

I have no problem with entering a Flight Plan in 2D, but struggle with a proper view to allow entering Flight Plans in 3D. Is it possible to do all Flight Planning in 2D and then switch to 3D for flight. Tried it once and lost my flight plan. Can this be done. If not, suggestions on Flight Planning in 3D.

I have no problem with entering a Flight Plan in 2D, but struggle with a proper view to allow entering Flight Plans in 3D. Is it possible to do all Flight Planning in 2D and then switch to 3D for flight. Tried it once and lost my flight plan. Can this be done. If not, suggestions on Flight Planning in 3D.

Ned,

Yes, you can do all your flight planning in 2D if you like.  Not sure why you lost your flight plan… that shouldn't happen.