[SOLVED] parking brake, issue- how do i move

xp10fan08

how do you engage. disengage the parking brake? I found the level plug in the cockpit, looked at the various documents but can only find the mention of how you need to disengage it, but not how. I pull the level, release my pedals and or press B, and I do not budge

Like ·  · 7 hours ago near Elk Grove Village

alright that solves that,    what do you have 'V" set for,  brakes toggle max, reg   , etc?    Once I get this ill kick myself but I want to taxi and fly, I am stuck, tried everything 

The "V" key should turn the parking brake on and off, unless you have mapped it to something else.

You might want to try disconnecting your brake/rudder pedals and see what happens... just as a test.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

The "V" key should turn the parking brake on and off, unless you have mapped it to something else.

You might want to try disconnecting your brake/rudder pedals and see what happens... just as a test.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

unplugging my saitek rudders did not help.   maybe il trash the pref folder and try again .  this makes no sense,  I know some planes are complicated as where you have to manually click a parking lever, or the landing lights work one by one unlike most planes,  but I did all this and I'm still stuck.   hmmmm

unplugging my saitek rudders did not help.   maybe il trash the pref folder and try again .  this makes no sense,  I know some planes are complicated as where you have to manually click a parking lever, or the landing lights work one by one unlike most planes,  but I did all this and I'm still stuck.   hmmmm

BTW... you do have power (electrical) on, don't you. Otherwise the parking brake will not work.

Also try to display the "landing gear" parameters so you can see at what ratio your brakes are applied. V usually puts the brake ratio at 1.0, where B only puts it to 0.5 (both will be enough to keep the aircraft stationary).

You can choose the display at "settings" "data display", iirc.

Jan

Thanks Jan

and I do the auto start command feature

Also make sure that the chocks are removed - that happened to me :P . Just go to external view to check...

So in summary:

1.) Plane must be started up properly (engines running in right mode to create forward thrust)

2.) Electrical power must be available (to work the brakes)

3.) Parking brake lever must be down (either by mouse manipulation or using V or B keys)

4.) Chocks must be removed (check with outside view, remove them with the "ground equipment" tab on the sidebar)

5.) Just to make sure check the brake dataref with the "display on screen" and you can also check the thrust the engines put out in the same way.

If all that fails, you might have parked in a big spill of superglue :D .

Jan

• Upvote 1

Plane is on,   auto start,  i do not do it myself, not my thing.    thus electrical must be on via auto start I assume       Chocks are not in place,      I trashed preferencs folder,  re tried,  pressed V and B, by default with full power and I do not move  ( lol why!)            brake data ref  I will do the display on screen.      I don't know what else to do, newest x-plane beta, new saab + the patch that was sent,  trashed prefs and nothing.   this is taking the fun out of it

Plane is on,   auto start,  i do not do it myself, not my thing.    thus electrical must be on via auto start I assume       Chocks are not in place,      I trashed preferencs folder,  re tried,  pressed V and B, by default with full power and I do not move  ( lol why!)            brake data ref  I will do the display on screen.      I don't know what else to do, newest x-plane beta, new saab + the patch that was sent,  trashed prefs and nothing.   this is taking the fun out of it

We need to make sure that the parking brake is the issue. How do you know of the brake is actually on or off?  As Jan said, please verify this with the dataref value.

Unlike in MSFS, the toe brakes do NOT release the parking brake in X-Plane, at least not on any plane I've flown in the sim.  Which is realistic, since in the real world, the toe brakes do not, to my knowledge, release the parking brake either.  So the rudder/toe brakes settings/assignments are not/should not be relevant to this problem.  Try mapping a key to the parking brake toggle like the V was in the default settings, that should fix it (?)

My guess is that Cameron is right on the money.  I'll bet the parking brake is working fine and he just didn't advance the Condition Levers.

I wondered this myself actually. Easy to miss after figuring everything else out in a new aircraft, especially with the ground services tick boxes, until you learn the flow of the screens and settings something as simple as the condition levers could get missed.

Cheers

James