[SOLVED - See Reply 35] frame rates

rover

Two GTX 780s may be a coincidence.  If a third or more shows up, there could be something to this.  I regularly monitor nVidia's support forums and it appears quite a few of the recently reported driver issues involve the GTX 700 series GPUs.  The driver in this case may be a contributing factor.  The GTX 680 in my machine performs in a fashion consistent with your comparison of 1.0 and the update in development.  I would be long CPU-bound before seeing anything close to single-digit frame rates, given my pansy of a CPU.

That said, I hesitate to think the GPUs are bound unless driving multiple monitors at high resolutions.  CPU binding might be a possibility. 

Without more "forensic" evidence, this is little more than speculation.

Edited by SqrtOfNegOne

But if the GPU is at fault, shouldn't I get this behaviour from every plane I got? This only happens to the Saab.

THAT was exactly my concern and that is what always puzzled me since the beginning of SAAB experience.

Cameron, would you mind to explain how would that be possible that only SAAB makes faulty GPU?

I just totally do not understand how CPU can be blamed if it works fine with n number of also complex planes, B777, CRJ2, JS32 , Neo A320 , just to name the few.

It's simple pattern matching.

If we get more problem reports from users of a 780 card than anyone else then it's the 780, regardless of how your other products perform for you.

At this point in time I'm still looking for a pattern, no blame has been placed, we're as curious as you are.

Addons are NOT made equally.

Canned soup is not same as home made soup even though the contents of your bowl may look and taste basically the same.

It's not easy to trouble shoot from the other side of the forums, everyone needs to exercise as much patience as they can muster.

Logical deduction is the only way to solve the puzzle.

• Upvote 3

A log file for the aircraft you're having trouble with would be more useful.

This one shows you using Carenado products.

We can only learn a little bit of information from it about your OpenGL setttings, your scenery installed, and the plugins you _MIGHT_ be using when you try to use the Saab.

You have a lot of scenery packages. It would be best to test the saab at a default airport to give us a fair chance to test.

You have Xsaitekpanels installed, we have one other user that has reported a minor issue with this plugin when using the MU-2.

Recommendations:

Test the saab installed in a fresh demo copy of X-Plane.

Remove all extra plugins and place them back in one by one testing each time to see if it kills your frame rate as badly as you claim.

Provide REAL DATA that's relevant to your reported problem, don't waste our time by posting Log files from when you flew a Carenado product.

Please post a Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt file from a Saab test in a clean copy of X-Plane or we cannot help.

• Upvote 2

Thank you Ben,

There is no rush, I will first wait for the update and then might try what you say.

On the other hand, I hope you understand that, starting from scratch and spending another x hours just for SAB experimentation while everything else is working fine might be too much of a time investment.

SAAB is not the only plane for X-Plane and I want to enjoy others also plus the plugins I have.

Again, thank you for the detailed response but I am still thinking if I want to do what you described, we are talking hours of working and experimenting.

On the other hand, just for the case sake, I might do just what you said one day soon.

Thank you for the reply.

Cheers, AJ 

P.S. You mentioned Carenado products, are you suggesting that they are making SAAB problems? 

Your time must be really valuable....

On the other hand, just for the case sake, I might do just what you said one day soon.

That's very generous of you.

P.S. You mentioned Carenado products, are you suggesting that they are making SAAB problems?

No, he is suggesting that Carenado products in your log will not help us diagnose SAAB problems.  Frankly, that should have been obvious.

Edited by SqrtOfNegOne
  • Upvote 1

On the other hand, I hope you understand that, starting from scratch and spending another x hours just for SAB experimentation while everything else is working fine might be too much of a time investment.

Honestly arb65912, this is such an amazingly selfish response! :o  I hope you understand that other people are investing their time trying to get the information they need to find answers for your problems, but you're willfully thwarting any attempt! If you're not serious about working out your issues with the SAAB then quit moaning fer crying out aloud!

SAAB is not the only plane for X-Plane and I want to enjoy others also plus the plugins I have.

Who cares mate! It's not pertinent to solving the issue. This thread is about working through issues with the SAAB ...

Presumably you're here to go through a fair process and get resolution ... but it sounds like you're here to vent your spleen.

Imagine .. a lunch time scene at a construction site ... somewhere in the universe the amazing Peanut Butter Sandwich Parable unfolds ...

Sol (opening his lunch box): Dang-it! I've got peanut butter sandwiches again! I ferking HATE peanut butter sandwiches! Why do I ALWAY's get peanut butter sandwiches?!

Dave: Hey Sol, why don'tcha just tell the missus not to make you peanut butter sandwiches?

Sol: What'cha talking about Dave?? Don't be a silly-solly ...  I'm single mate, I make my own sandwiches ...

(Btw, we all make our own sandwiches ...)

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 1