[SOLVED - See Reply 35] frame rates

rover

I would be able to find the corresponding responses but I do not have time to look through all responses just to prove that others are having X-Plane choking on SAAB.

It would also did not contribute anything new to this thread.

I want my $50+ investment to work, that is all.

Agreed. When the new update is up, I will report here either good or bad  and if it is bad, I will include ALL information I can provide.

Thank you. Cheers, AJ 

Edited by arb65912

When the new update is up, I will report here either good or bad  and if it is bad, I will include ALL information I can provide.

I don't understand your hesitation.  As we don't know the exact release date of the update, I thought you might at least want to get the same performance other Saab users are getting.

It may not be optimal, but it is certainly usable compared to your slideshow.

I do not mind the wait as long as it improves things.

I have posted in the past my settings and they were very low, I have read something about memory leak , I do not know these things but common sense makes me think that the slide show is experienced only with SAAB, the source of it would be in SAAB, not my computer, my settings etc.

I do not want to waste other people time reading and my time finding things, it is not worthy for me.

I will patiently wait for the update and then will report things, maybe all will be great.  :)  ( I am not sarcastic , just if some would doubt)

Just to make sure I am understood right, I do not have enough time to investigate all , make videos and screenshots if I know that the new update will address the issues  which was clearly stated by Cameron.

So, let's just wait and see.

Below.

When is the Saab 340A update will be released? That'll be good news because my x-plane has totally run out of memory. Thanks!

I had already shelved it for now, because fps performance is too poor for my taste atm. 

I'm waiting for the Saab 340A update very patiently considering my x-plane is totally run out of memory and the Saab 340A pauses every now and then. 

Cameron, below is quote from your update :

• Memory leak plugged - fixed

If you say, it is fixed in the update than I dare to assume that it was broken, does it make sense or my logic is off? 

I also have other sources of people reporting frame rate and memory leak via PMs I received here and somewhere else but of course I am not going to share them here out of respect of those who wrote to me.

Cameron, you banned me, I am back for who knows how long but I do not want to be involved in any other discussions than SAAB improvements.

I will wait for update and take it from there, I answered because you asked.

Cheers, AJ 

1.  I have posted in the past my settings and they were very low, I have read something about memory leak , I do not know these things but common sense makes me think that the slide show is experienced only with SAAB, the source of it would be in SAAB, not my computer, my settings etc.

2.  Just to make sure I am understood right, I do not have enough time to investigate all , make videos and screenshots if I know that the new update will address the issues  which was clearly stated by Cameron.

1.  You have posted incomplete information, which is why I repeatedly asked for the screenshot of the rendering settings dialog (which also happens to indicate VRAM usage).  The log file provides a comprehensive look at the real state of X-Plane for diagnostic purposes.  Contrary to what any typical user provides to help diagnose and solve a problem, you choose to "accept" help on your terms only.  This is much like going to the hospital fearing you have a fracture, but refusing to allow x-rays to be taken and examinations to be made.

2.  The issues described in the update description by Cameron are not consistent with single-digit fps.

EDIT:  Upon reading the above posts, I guess I'll quit here as well.

Edited by SqrtOfNegOne
  • Upvote 1

AJ.

There are, no doubt,  areas of the Saab that cause "frame rate hits".....one component being the new sound engine; however, my little bitty mac i3 with 512MB video card, even with the unoptimal code can get 10-11 fps, not quite single digits.  So I think there is a line here somewhat between your "single digits" frame rates vs. everybody else who reports frame rate hits.  Agreed that many see frame rate hits so you're not crazy there, but what you are describing does seem to be in a class by itself given your hardware description and inconclusive as to whether such a hit is "Saab only" since most everybody else doesn't quite get hit as bad as you describe...indeed a mystery currently.

Also agreed that the 'next step' is to wait for the update to see what the effect is on your machine.   The sound code has been reworked and we've seen vast improvements on several machines already so I'd guess you'd see some improvement there...but can't say for sure if that will solve all your ills.  This type of troubleshooting is usually a "one step at a time" approach.

TomK

Gentlemen,

I can not provide anything you mentioned above because when I got banned, I removed Gizmo and SAAB from X-Plane folder and enjoyed flying other great aircraft waiting for ban period to be over and for update.

When the update is out, I will try and see what difference does it bring.

If I still experience slide show, I will make sure I will provide all data for you to look at.

There is a possibility that it will not be necessary but only the future will tell.

Waiting patiently for the update and we will take it from there.

Thank you for your input.

Goran,

I am 99.99% sure that after you look at attached, you will see how low my settings are but as you wish, here is the screenshot.

Let me know if you want anything else but please remember, I do not have SAAB or Gizmo in X-Plane now.

Thank you for replying.

Cheers, AJ 

post-1109-0-78960500-1381969163_thumb.pn

When I started experiencing the slideshow, I lowered the settings to what you see now.

I will leave them at these settings until next update and we will see how it goes.

Since I was honest from the beginning, I have to say that no matter what plane I fly, setting objects and roads to "tons" makes FPS drop to below 30 which I do not like while flying.

So as you see, I know that there are X-plane side problems and I know that.

I will leave these settings as they are, try the update and maybe with your help, I will get the SAAB working at at least 30 FPS.

I understand, but why would you be getting such low fps with a 680 card at such low settings??  This is almost definitely something happening at your end.  You have a more powerful computer than me, and I was running x-plane at mid to high settings and never went below 23fps when testing the Saab.

Are you still going to say I was wrong despite so many reports supporting mine?

Arb, I've always thought you were a cool guy, but yes .. you were wrong with the faulty reasoning resulting in faulty conclusions.

Also you weren't exactly forthcoming with information pertinent to a resolution.

Instead you came across as being sarcastic .. and a wee bit hasty. Had I been the tech support guy, I would not want to support your ticket ... it's hard to get the job done when attitude becomes a major part of the equation.

I gather there's a bit of a language issue here, as Cameron said " I have no further recommendations"; which you interpreted as him having no recommendations at all!

If you'd understood the entire thread up to that point, you would've seen that it's made up of a bunch of pertinent information and recommendations.

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 1

Regarding the single-digit frame issue.

I get that as well. Odd thing is though, it only happens when I go to an exterior view, such as "chase" view. It can crawl to an absolute halt when it happens. We're talking like 0.5 fps. If I then go back to VC it immediately jumps up to acceptable levels.

Oh, love the plane by the way. The only thing I fly at the moment. There are some small quirks though. I'll probably start another thread later to hear what you guys think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Typically, when the frame rate drops that low, it's because you are out of VRAM.  The VRAM usage indication on the rendering settings dialog is not all inclusive.  The GPU-Z utility will give a more accurate reading.

Without a log file to examine, however, there is still missing information.

Typically, when the frame rate drops that low, it's because you are out of VRAM. The VRAM usage indication on the rendering settings dialog is not all inclusive. The GPU-Z utility will give a more accurate reading.

Without a log file to examine, however, there is still missing information.

Naah, don't think so. I am flying in a desolate region using a 3gb gtx780. Not even using half the memory according to the rendering screen. However, could it be a memory leak?

Skickat från min Nexus 4 med Tapatalk