[SOLVED - See Reply 35] frame rates

rover

I get a heavy frame hit also.. I usually run around 30 FPS.. but 20 is still smooth and flyable.

What do you have your texture res at? I keep mine on high, or very high most of the time...

Extreme res is pointless in my opinion, just another vram sucker on my machine that only has 1gig.

Also, what did you select for your VRAM during the install process? A screenshot of your rendering options would be nice, and some basic system specs would help.

Basic system specs:

Intel i7-2600k @4.1 GHz

8 GB RAM

Win 7-64 Prof

Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 2GB

Texture Res at "Very High"

I did select "2 GB+ VRAM"-Option during installation.

XPX runs pretty decent (mostly about 30+ fps) with all aircraft I have installed, only the Saab runs bad at about 15-22 fps even in areas without many objects (tested it on small carribean islands).

What is wrong here? Any help appreciated.

Basic system specs:

Intel i7-2600k @4.1 GHz

8 GB RAM

Win 7-64 Prof

Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 2GB

Texture Res at "Very High"

I did select "2 GB+ VRAM"-Option during installation.

XPX runs pretty decent (mostly about 30+ fps) with all aircraft I have installed, only the Saab runs bad at about 15-22 fps even in areas without many objects (tested it on small carribean islands).

What is wrong here? Any help appreciated.

Please post a screenshot of your render settings.

Intel i7-2600k @4.1 GHz
8 GB RAM
Win 7-64 Prof
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 2GB

If you're running 'Very High' and getting low fps like that, something is amiss. It should be much better.

my specs :
Intel Core i7 3770K oc 4.5
ram :16gb 2400mhz
video :zotac gtx 780 3gb
win8 x64

Please post your settings as well.

For reference:

I run this on an i5 2500k with a 4GB GTX 680 and get 45-50fps on extreme res in most scenarios.

Rendering Settings:

I am almost certain that the global shadows are causing your issues. Please try overlay or 3D aircraft shadows. 

As usual, HDR is a killer on most systems for the moment too. I alternate between it, but just play with these settings (I personally think HDR is too contrasty in the day anyhow).

• Upvote 1

I'm in the same boat as the original thread starter, I don't want to be the one to complain and I understand this is a highly complex aircraft and it is definitely pushing the limits. Flies great by the way! But if you all think there may be a problem, here is what I'm seeing.

My computer specs are

i7 3770K @ 4.4Ghz

GTX680 4GB FTW+

8GB 1600 RAM

Windows 7 64bit

FPS are significantly lower then some of my other hard hitting aircraft like the 777. I'm seeing anywhere from 14-18 FPS on the ground to 19-20 at cruise. As far as the intensive frame rate hitters are in rendering options I have Texture Res at Extreme, global low shadows, HDR on at 2xSSAA+FXAA and 16x extreme anisotropic filter. Clouds at 15%. World distance detail at medium.

On a side note I installed the 2GB GPU or more option first with the installer, had such bad frames and decided to uninstall and try the 1.5GB or less option and found no real difference in performance. The frames per second that I posted above are with the 1.5GB or less option. 

no offense ,reference only! -with another aircraft! same setting!

http://www.subirimagenes.net/i/130922070533413005.png

http://www.subirimagenes.net/i/130922070627238984.png

You cannot do comparisons this way. The Saab's 3D model, textures, and systems are far advanced than most other aircraft available.  You will not get the same performance with the same render settings.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

You cannot do comparisons this way. The Saab's 3D model, textures, and systems are far advanced than most other aircraft available.  You will not get the same performance with the same render settings.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

forgiveness is right ustedes.mis apologize for the comparison!

i run x-plane on MBPR with only 8GB ram

but i always get about 28~35 FPS with "ramzzess 777"、"JAR A320neo"、"CRJ200"

however the SAAB 340 kills lots of FPS and it isn't acceptable :-(

the low FPS has nothing to do with the HDR setting for me

As stated earlier, you cannot make those kind of comparisons.  The screenshot of your render settings is cut off, please take a screenshot of the entire window.