Mexico City Xtreme by Taxi2gate MMMX

scubajuan_new

A lot of products are developed in a very long length of time, probably because its the quality that matters, not the quantity.

I certainly agree with your statement. The problem is, the original poster was to keep us informed about development of this project. Taxi2gate converting their scenery to X-Plane is splendid news, are you guys doing the conversions?

are you guys doing the conversions?

Yes. although I do not have release date . In the particular case of MMMX scenery. I received some of the models and all the original textures from one the developers, not everything but a great part. the problem I encounter is that this were in an intermediate format and some how lost the texture mapping. Some parts I will redo from scratch adding additional detail that was missing in the FSX release. This project is not cancelled but is on hold by the time being, not for that reason.  I Started a new project on my own, and for now, I want to concentrate in completing this first. Will retake Mexico City after completing my personal project. I also have the intention to bring to X-Plane the latest developments KMCO and LTBA, but I won't start on any of them before completing Mexico City. I do not want to release half done, and a project of this magnitude will take some time, since my intention is to do the city as well and not just the airport and  a lot of assets need to be created

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

I have recently retaken the project. I am now capable of making the edits necessary to complete the project. I am carefully reviewing the previous work and in the process of exporting all the improved objects. Is looking much better than the original. larger resolution textures and extra detail. My intention is to release early next year. No promises. As soon as all the improved objects are complete and placed I will post previews. Thanks for the interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. I just received, after over a year since I requested them. some models and textures that were missing. I now have all te original textures without compression and i'm in the process of exporting the models in x-plane native format. Some of the models I redid entirely and i have restarted work on this scenery, after a long pause. I still don't have a timeframe for release but I can pick up where  I left. it There was a really annoying misplacement issue that I couldn't figure out. When placing objects in WED based on the underlying ortho, they were appearing out of place in the sim. The problem was the the "ortho" was actually multiple objects that had the same origin point. and the further away from the origin te worst te misplacement got. I got rid of the object based ortho and am using a real geo referenced satellite image, and now the problem is solved. Now i can trace ground surfaces and marking accurately and I am happy with how it is coming along. Soon I will post some images and as the project nears completion , will announce a release date. 

Thanks for the interest

• 2 weeks later...

Scuba if you need some help or advice in conversion you can write pm to me. I did it for lybe by skyhighsim last year and, after a couple of months of selling at the end of 2014, it will be soon again available on markets under my personal brand.

I know it is a hard work, but the results could be very very nice if things are done carefully.

Hope to see this scenery soon!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Juan. I hope you're are still getting some time to work on MMMX and are able to figure out how to reproduce the entire city. I was wondering if you have any plans to convert OTHH,  KSTL, or KSEA once you finish with the KMCO, LTBA, and the Mexican/Cuban airports?

Edited by x-plane 123