Mexico City Xtreme by Taxi2gate MMMX

scubajuan_new

Hello everyone,

Today the work for this awesome new scenery has been completed. It will be available in the next few days at simmarket, and in simmarket only. This is the FSX version only.

The good news is that this incredible piece of work, will be available for X-Plane 10 as well. The authorisation for creating the X-Plane version has been given to me, and also the responsibility to represent Taxi2Gate in the X-Plane community. I am honoured to speak officially in behalf of the developers involved and will do my best to represent the interests of Taxi2Gate ensuring that the transition to X-Plane is successful.

After some consideration, I have decided that the best way to enter the X-Plane payware development arena is with a strong product that reflects the high level of quality and functionality that Taxi2Gate has achieved through a long process of developing high quality addon sceneries for MSFS. What best to do that than with their latest and greatest, newest development?

The idea is to implement X-Plane 10's technology thoroughly to make it fully compatible and to achieve the best possible results, both in quality and performance. The road ahead is long, and at this point have not determined an estimated time for release (don't even bother to ask). This will be ready when the product is completed and satisfies the meticulous scrutiny of all involved. 

Taking advantage of the, generally speaking, extremely friendly, generous and helpful X-Plane community, I will be consulting with seasoned developers, well known for their talents and expertise in the various aspects of X-Plane scenery system. We are also considering an alliance with a well known developer for X-Plane for a possible release  as a joint venture. This will deserve an announcement of it's own.

I refrained myself from posting pictures of this beautiful scenery, mainly because they only exists from the FSX screen captures, but rest assured that as soon as there is something to show from inside X-Plane, we will be the most interested in sharing those with you. But if you are curious you can see them here: https://www.facebook.com/Taxi2gate/photos_stream

• Upvote 4

These are great news! I looked at the pictures and if the XP-version looks like this it will be for sure one of the best scenerys available for X-Plane! Wuaw! What a surprise if it will be available in the next days. I really look forward to it, since i am missing a good scenery in central-america a long time ago! I can't wait anymore now that i saw the pictures... :) :) :)

p.s. i think i've read too fast...so it's only the FSX-version who will be out in the next days, right? Anyway, that are still great news. Did you already tried to convert it with FS2XP and then doing some little cleaning-ups?

Edited by frankbyte

Thanks frankbyte, I have a converted version that works just fine, although there are a number of issues that need to be addressed. As is right now it could probably serve for a V9 version, since the lit textures without the HDR lights do the job, however, for a v10 release I will redo the lights thoroughly, not just trow a few lights here and there. All the lit textures need to be reworked, all light sources will be brought to a high standard of realism, and the night scene at Mexico City Xtreme for X-Plane 10 will do justice to this spectacular piece of work.

All the vegetation needs careful attention since the FSX conversion do not blend in well with the XP native, this meand replacing with XP native or preferably address the issues and make the custom vegetation adequate for XP.

Another big task ahead is the ground surfaces and markings. We want to redo the enticer scenery to implement shaders, LIN's, POL's, and a number of other XP assets that need to be created. The good news is that the original models and textures are available in their native format and there fore is possible to generate the XP native versions that take advantage of the superior rendering engine that X-Plane offers.

The original FSX version includes a lot of custom objects for the city, and also includes the entire city with custom textures for the default autogen (which are property of Microsoft and can not not used as they are right now). Mexico City is one of the largest populated areas in the world, surrounded by snow tipped volcanoes and mountains reaching as high as 17,000+ feet, seating at the bottom of a huge valley that is above 7000 feet above seal level. I would like to create a bunch of custom autogen assets to render the city more realistically, as you might have noticed  by now, XP's world looks a lot like Seattle and, trust me, Mexico City doesn't looks like Seattle at all. In the long run, the time spent working on this project will benefit the final result.

As a bonus, I will share the first image inside X-Plane, unedited (neither the airport or the image). Without revealing too much, showing a small area which will become the home of the CRJ200 in AeroMar livery for years to come.

• Upvote 1

Hi Scubajuan

Thanks very much for these detailled informations. I now understand better how much work it will need and i am sure that it will look great! Flying to Mexico city will be a great experience! Thanks in advance for your work!

Thanks frankbyte, I have a converted version that works just fine, although there are a number of issues that need to be addressed. As is right now it could probably serve for a V9 version, since the lit textures without the HDR lights do the job, however, for a v10 release I will redo the lights thoroughly, not just trow a few lights here and there. All the lit textures need to be reworked, all light sources will be brought to a high standard of realism, and the night scene at Mexico City Xtreme for X-Plane 10 will do justice to this spectacular piece of work.

(...)

As a bonus, I will share the first image inside X-Plane, unedited (neither the airport or the image). Without revealing too much, showing a small area which will become the home of the CRJ200 in AeroMar livery for years to come.

Looks really good ... and this might be an important milestone scenery in X-Plane, because so many people would like to - finally - have some large cities covered by custom scenery (which is quite common in FSX nowadays ... but rare in X-Plane ... even though X-Plane is a perfect platform for this type of scenery ... but of course, its a lot of work to create).

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Indeed, one of the main goals is to produce the assets to generate the entire city, we have tons of custom objects of city landmarks and buildings. Once this are available, they can be used in all our remaining sceneries. We have plans for other large cities in Mexico: Puerto Vallarta (MMPR), Guadalajara (MMGL), Monterrey (MMMY), Torreon (MMTC), Acapulco (MMAA), Toluca (MMTO), Tijuana (MMTJ), Merida(MMMD), Cancun(MMUN), Oaxaca (MMOX), Isla Mujeres (MMIM) and Cozumel (MMCZ). Some we have available, some will be developed from scratch. But for the time being, Mexico City has all the attention and will be so until is completed, then we shall see. Here are some pictures of the recent release that shows what we will try to accomplish in the X-Plane version, enjoy.

post-8327-0-64999600-1379447338_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-90031100-1379447344_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-93110300-1379447349_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-36149900-1379447355_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-80663200-1379447359_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-41606700-1379447365_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-71452000-1379447370_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-93904400-1379447375_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-53918100-1379447381_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-05495600-1379447387_thumb.jp

post-8327-0-26016100-1379447827_thumb.jp

Edited by scubajuan_new
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Mexico City Xtreme will definitely be payware. 

Hi Juan,

Will Taxi2gate be redoing all their Caribbean airports in the future? This is unbelievably good news! Now that we have some amazing aircraft to fly in X-Plane, we need airports to go to. I can't think of a better destination than the Caribbean and Taxi2gate have the best airports for those of us who like to fly there.

Thank you and your whole team for supporting X-Plane customers.

Will Taxi2gate be redoing all their Caribbean airports in the future?

Most definitely yes. I am considering releasing all the cuban sceneries as a single package, since some of them a quite small, and IMO If I manage to acquire good satellite photos with the necessary licence and bundle the entire island with the 5 airports we have in Cuba, will be more appealing that individual airport sceneries specially if it comes with a HD mesh and updated land class :)

Most definitely yes. I am considering releasing all the cuban sceneries as a single package, since some of them a quite small, and IMO If I manage to acquire good satellite photos with the necessary licence and bundle the entire island with the 5 airports we have in Cuba, will be more appealing that individual airport sceneries specially if it comes with a HD mesh and updated land class :)

Excellent news Juan. Please keep us posted on future developments if possible.

thanks

Excellent news Juan. Please keep us posted on future developments if possible.

thanks

I'll try to keep the community informed about current developments and when possible, post screen shots to show the progress. I consider this of extreme importance in our strategy to reach a new market and to maintain an open channel of communication with or clients.

Thank you for your interest.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

I'll try to keep the community informed about current developments and when possible, post screen shots to show the progress. I consider this of extreme importance in our strategy to reach a new market and to maintain an open channel of communication with or clients.

Thank you for your interest.

So, I guess we'll add Taxi2Gate Mexico to the X-Plane vaporware list...

Edited by glasscockpits

So, I guess we'll add Taxi2Gate Mexico to the X-Plane vaporware list...

Thats your choice, its your list...but at the end, you will develop a list so inaccurate it looks like propaganda from North Korea. A lot of products are developed in a very long length of time, probably because its the quality that matters, not the quantity. :)

• Upvote 1