Coming back

eladi7787

s there anything I should know? Anything new? Recommended addons? Controls? I'd like to get some help. 

Thanks!

You're in the right place.  There are numerous threads in this forum (and other forums on the interweb) with all kinds of help and recommendations.  Seems like you've only stuck your toe in so far.  You just need to wade on in and search the forums and pretty soon you'll be neck deep in X-Plane knowledge!  By the way, a little Google goes a long way....and there's always the search box, too.

Edited by steven winslow

My first recommendation is to take the time to set up your controls to your satisfaction.  I was put-out at first with how X-Plane assigns controls, very different than FSX, but all the options are there and once you are set up you'll have a pleasant experience.

My second suggestion would be to check out X-Aviation's store and if you have a bit of disposable cash, get a few add-ons.  I have the MU-2, the DC-3, the Jetstream 32, and the CRJ-200 and I get incredible enjoyment out of all of them.  A new Saab 340a study sim is coming out shortly, worth looking into.

My computer can't handle much in the way of scenery, so I can't be of assistance there, however, xpfr.org has an incredible photo scenery of French Polynesia.  Not sure compatibility with X-Plane 10, though.

xpfr.org has an incredible photo scenery of French Polynesia.  Not sure compatibility with X-Plane 10, though.

It is compatible. It comes with 3 folders (NT_Societe_1, NT_Societe_2 and NT_Societe_3). In X-Plane 10, only install NT_Societe_1, and you'll have one of the finest flying areas available.

I also made a travel guide for this and some nearby islands: http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/526-4821-nm-across-the-sea-xp-10-travel-guide-1/

Which reminds me of the 2nd issue that is overdue since 2 weeks ...