Saab 340A - Menu System Preview

Cameron

OK but i really didnt found anything about this. But i admit not having read alle hundreds posts about this aircraft. For the second part of your answer: in fact an FMS or GPS could be integrated in this aircraft, since i found posts of real pilots having used an FMS in the Saab 340. But it is not standard-equipment, that's right. But it would perhaps be an idea for an option in the future ;-)

The Saab 340A has no FMS. The 340A is either flown with classic navigation, or pilots use an external GPS.

The Saab 340B has a FMS, though, but I imagine it was a deliberate decision to first do the version without FMS. It took long enough -- a FMS version would probably have taken 1 year longer ;)

• Upvote 1

OK but i really didnt found anything about this. But i admit not having read alle hundreds posts about this aircraft. For the second part of your answer: in fact an FMS or GPS could be integrated in this aircraft, since i found posts of real pilots having used an FMS in the Saab 340. But it is not standard-equipment, that's right. But it would perhaps be an idea for an option in the future ;-)

This is incorrect. The FMS is not optional on an A variant. Anything you read about an FMS comes from a B or B+ model.

That's like saying the 737 has all glass displays, when really only the NG models do.

This is incorrect. The FMS is not optional on an A variant. Anything you read about an FMS comes from a B or B+ model.

That's like saying the 737 has all glass displays, when really only the NG models do.

Thanks Cameron for the informations! I didnt knew there were A and B versions but now everything is clear ;-)

It's kind of like how old people drive. They aren't really sure how they got to where they are and it is nowhere near where they wanted to go. Now hours are spent just trying to get back to where you needed to be.

Hey...!   Being a certified old fart (OF) I'm not sure I agree with your analogy.  OK, so I don't always end up where I initially intended to go, but I sometimes find the most interesting places!

On the other hand, congratulations to Cameron and the development crew.  This one will be one of the stars of my fleet.