Saab 340A - Release week is here!

Cameron

Modeling the CRT warmup times is really awesome too, haven't seen that done before.

Not only are the warm up times modeled, but if you turn the CRT's off and then on again, they take less time to come up, because they've already been warmed up.  The longer you leave them off, the longer they take to warm up.  

• Upvote 3

Not only are the warm up times modeled, but if you turn the CRT's off and then on again, they take less time to come up, because they've already been warmed up.  The longer you leave them off, the longer they take to warm up.  

Some may say this is totally useless and silly ...

I don't think so, as today's products came to a point all essential things are simulated as far as it can be ! Now they have to make some special " fine tuning " feature like that !

Hats off guys

Has the beta team reported any testing and or compatibilities of the many third party addons that may be applicable to supplement into this wonderful aircraft?

Not really. Third party apps are just that. Our job is to make sure the base product works, doesn't CONFLICT with other third party add-ons, and is as bug free as possible. Compatibility with other utilities or add-ons requires work on the part of the utility developers' part.

I fully understand that it's not the priority of the developer to see what works with the Saab or why it doesnt. I was just curious if any testers said yes AirTrack or UFMC works or doesn't work or kind of works. If it does, great... if not that's fine too, not your problem and I would never imply that it is. If you want to leave it at that, I'll jut have to find out myself! I'm buying and will be enjoying the Saab regardles.

Is it common to install an FMC in turboprops?  I suppose the Q400 has one, but that one's bigger and longer range than most other turboprops..?  Then again I suppose you can retrofit any avionics you want, I've heard that many 727s were outfitted with FMS systems (at least American did so) in their last few years of service, and I'm sure the Garmin 430 moving-map in the 1972 Piper Arrow that I used to fly wasn't factory installed... :)

Is it common to install an FMC in turboprops?

A number of turboprops have them. The Q400, EMB-120, and the Saab 340B/B+ variants just to name a few. The A variant we modeled this after is not quite the power house that the B/B+ is/was, but it's very close. It was essentially Saab's first version of the 340, with the revisions going to the B/B+ (including the FMS).

• Upvote 1

I would think releasing a boxed version would delay the release significantly and eat into their profits.. unless you/we are willing to pay more for a boxed version.  I'd prefer to come to this forum and see their announcement of "SAAB 340A CLICK HERE BUY IT NOW OMG," click that link, and be flying the plane 15 minutes later. :)

• Upvote 1