Beechcraft Sundowner C23

Radio stack is now working.  We had a few issues with it to begin with but now I can safely say it is fully functional.  

Theo and I have both agreed to leave the cracked glass.  It's not in this screenshot but it will be in the final package.

Excellent, "smashing" decision Goran!

I can safely say it's a matter of days now.  

Lots of testing going on.  Tying up a few loose ends.

There are a small handful of things we have to tidy up and align including night lighting, and 1 more tricky animation that needs to be done, but everything works as it should and I have done quite a few flights, including YHOX-YSCB (Hoxton Park to Canberra) which was my 2nd ever solo flight.

grab098.th.jpg

grab095.th.jpg

I can safely say it's a matter of days now.  

Lots of testing going on.  Tying up a few loose ends.

There are a small handful of things we have to tidy up and align including night lighting, and 1 more tricky animation that needs to be done, but everything works as it should and I have done quite a few flights, including YHOX-YSCB (Hoxton Park to Canberra) which was my 2nd ever solo flight.

grab098.th.jpg

grab095.th.jpg

Yay Goran, looking slick! The 742 must be close to finished then, it's only got 3 more engines, room for an engineer  and 400 more passengers :o

I actually wanted to make one for fun!  But other projects forced me to put it off.  And I wanted to make a highly detailed obj version. 

I still might do it sometime, just don't know when.

Thanks for that. 

:o

I worked on the Fuse a bit in the last hour. Here's a render I did quickly :o.

Fuselage.jpg

The really weird red is a result of the rendering. I didn't have the energy to investigate it in blender :)

-TheoGregory

Superb Theo, just amazing. I like the hand-hold above the window, nice detail

What can one say about a quality texture like that?.....apart from the usual "hurry up!" "Get on with it!!" "Stop stuffing around!!!!"

Awesome dude. Thou art the master of fast texturing......in fact you seem to produce textures almost as fast as "certain un-named members" can make planes!!!!!

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

The handgrip over the window....I MADE THAT!

;D

Andy, it's extremely close to being finished.  Nothing more for me to do on it in the way of animations and modelling, but the night lighting is another exercise altogether.  That's the last thing on the list.

Once the night lighting is done, we'll do a quick check of everything, make sure everything is in place and working, finish up the manual, and it's done.

Goran

Hi Goran,

sorry forgot to put the last statement as "all in jest" :)

Fantastic news that it is almost ready.....I just need the "send payment now" email and its all mine!!!!

So after this texture session yourself, Theo ad all the others can sleep for a little while?

Thanks for the great news update.....

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Hi Goran,

sorry forgot to put the last statement as "all in jest" :)

Fantastic news that it is almost ready.....I just need the "send payment now" email and its all mine!!!!

So after this texture session yourself, Theo ad all the others can sleep for a little while?

Thanks for the great news update.....

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

As of January, it's just me and Theo.  Unfortunately, no sleep yet.  While Theo finishes off the night lighting and manipulators, I'm splitting my time between the manual for the Sundowner and the Saab 340 animations.

Then it's on to the 747 and Hawker 4000.  THEN, I might sleep a full 8 hours.

SundownerBetatest.jpg

Was doing beta tests tonight, after a flight round Princess Juliana International, then parked up on the ramp and thought to myself the dynamic lighting made the panel look kinda pretty ;).

Also just thought i'd tell as of 10 mins ago, the plane is finished.

Goran's finishing the manual and then where finished. Stay tuned :)

Hi Theo and Goran,

awesome work......cant say enough to compliment this plane!

I love the directional lighting on the steam gauges....very very nice.

What Airport is that in the background.....I know it isnt NZCH, unless there is something you arent telling me Theo :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Just a small update.

The sundowner is pretty much finished.  We're putting it through it's paces and we found a few little gremlins and we've had to get rid of some things that were added as a novelty but haven't worked out and have made things more of an inconvenience than a cool feature.  Theo is hard at work trying to refine window and gauge glass textures and I'm wrapping up the checklists.  Manual is done (minus screenshots).  Screenshots for the manual will be added in the next few hours. 

We're both aiming to have this done, ready and on sale within the next 24-36 hours.  Then its on to the Saab full time.