SkyMAXX Pro

JohnMAXX

Sooooo. Since Redpiper1 is making videos..... Does this mean you are close to release? :D

You do realize, I need this to complement my Brand New Shiny Saab.  :P

Just kidding everyone this is vaporware.....lol

Nah we are waiting on a few minor details and we will start moving forward....

Can we expect to have clouds touching the horizon? Over the ocean for example.

Thanks, this will be THE Plugin everyone must have.

Alan

No, there are performance restraints we must adhere to.....With that said I think I have shown what a wonderful job this add-on does......

Edited by JohnMAXX
  • Upvote 1

As I have seen before in earlier video's the transparancy changes are not that fluent (while entering and exiting a cloud). Have this something to do with the performance issues, or is this an area where you are still working on?

As I have seen before in earlier video's the transparancy changes are not that fluent (while entering and exiting a cloud). Have this something to do with the performance issues, or is this an area where you are still working on?

Ok what you are seeing here is we disabled the white out conditions that X-Plane 10 puts forward in these kinds of situations.  Its a trade off right now, the white out conditions or as I like to call it "The Grey Screen of Death" isnt a good representation, it actually causes people to crash when hand flying sometimes......

With this being called a trade off, I did notice the transitions myself.  It may not be until an update that we will tackle this, but it is an area Id like to improve on.....

For now though personally I think it is a better representation of this kind of condition....

Edited by JohnMAXX

Hi John,

This looks like a vast improvement over the current default clouds.  I'm eager to give it a try when you release it.

I do have a question.  In X-Plane the default clouds seem to sneak up and swallow you sometimes.  Often on final approach. :blink:   In other words, I can be flying with a clear view of the runway and then (with no warning) I get the grey screen of death.  Are you saying that you have eliminated the "no warning" problem?  It appears from your video that you have solved this.  Am I seeing that correctly?

Hi John,

This looks like a vast improvement over the current default clouds.  I'm eager to give it a try when you release it.

I do have a question.  In X-Plane the default clouds seem to sneak up and swallow you sometimes.  Often on final approach. :blink:   In other words, I can be flying with a clear view of the runway and then (with no warning) I get the grey screen of death.  Are you saying that you have eliminated the "no warning" problem?  It appears from your video that you have solved this.  Am I seeing that correctly?

In a word........YES! And we are very happy about this....

• Upvote 1

It needs more fluent transitions in and out of the clouds/fog, now it seems static and digital

Man, it would be so much easier to "work" with you if you actually took the time to read a thread. Not the first time you've done that. In this instance, the answer to your own nagging is so close to this post of yours that it's disappointing you even commented.