SkyMAXX Pro

JohnMAXX

jWKHcM9.jpg

Will the final UI have pictures of the colours next to the numbers?

Probably asking for a bit too much but will the program be able to choose colours that most accurately reflect the real colour of the sky in a chosen area? If I go for a dusk flight in Yemen in September I actually have no idea what colour the sky should be... :P

Will the final UI have pictures of the colours next to the numbers?

Probably asking for a bit too much but will the program be able to choose colours that most accurately reflect the real colour of the sky in a chosen area? If I go for a dusk flight in Yemen in September I actually have no idea what colour the sky should be... :P

No I dont think Ill go that route...but I will try and be as descriptive as possible....We mostly decided to add that in the UI for users to add other sky colors from other developers....

There are quite a bit of controls in the UI that make a big impact on the overall look and performance of SkyMAXX Pro, for instance in this shot I increased the minimum and maximum size of the cloud puffs, used a lower contrast sky color and set the visibility CAVOK (inside the weather dialog).  Is this more of what you are looking for?.....

I have to apologize for the criticism I uttered in regard of that 1st colorful screenshot. A day later, the sky over my hometown looked exactly like what you've shown.

When I saw that, I just thought: "Damn. Even reality tries to look like a comic." :D

• Upvote 2

I have to apologize for the criticism I uttered in regard of that 1st colorful screenshot. A day later, the sky over my hometown looked exactly like what you've shown.

When I saw that, I just thought: "Damn. Even reality tries to look like a comic." :D

No need to apologize,  again I wanted a broad spectrum of looks for SMP.....

• Upvote 2

Well, after reading this today

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24989-rex-for-xplane-10/?p=200971

I guess there's no point holding out for an XP10 version of REX anytime soon, so provided the price isn't too outrageous my card will be broken out for SkyMaxx.

Well Im glad you settled on SkyMAXX instead of hoping for another texture pack.....

• Upvote 1

I just bought X-Plane 10 and although there are some things I'd like to see improved, the default clouds have been at the top of my list, so SkyMAXX Pro is now the addon that I'm most excited about!  Can't wait!!  Thank you for creating this!  :)

You will probally want to look into urban maxx extreme also. ;)  Its on the top list of must haves. Although it does not look like its being sold on x-aviation, maybe John can point you in the right dirrection to buy it.

• Upvote 1

Haha its not shameless, after all I called you out on it. :D I will say this, The areas I like to fly on my stream, your add-on really shines. KMSY- KNEW - KLFT - KIAH

I am glad you like it....UM isn't dead yet hopefully a more realistic upgrade is in the future...All depends on LR and DSF updates ;)

Thanks for the heads-up on Urban MAXX, guys.  I may give it a try!

For the record, I was a long-time user of the MSFS series (since version 3.0) and I rather enjoyed the clouds in FSX... or at least I did after I downloaded a replacement texture pack for them.  :P   Just today I received a Gigabyte GTX 760 OC Windforce video card to go with my newly built i7-3770 rig that I'm hoping will help tame the default X-Plane clouds until SkyMAXX Pro is completed. :D

• Upvote 1

Hey here is something else Id like to point out in regards to SMP.  This shot shows how large the clouds will be at a distance.  Have you ever seen towering cloud formations in real life?  This is a few cumulus layer and I set the maximum cloud size pretty high......It makes for a dramatic and realistic environment.......Again this is a good benefit of procedurally drawn clouds....

XAWTgi3.jpg

Edited by JohnMAXX
  • Upvote 8

Yeah ! that looks like FS2004 clouds and I personally LOVE IT !!

I will just make the same remark as before, would love to see more crispy clouds, where we really see the borders between them and sky.

Sometimes during the great summer days, we see things like that http://zakarea.unblog.fr/files/2008/02/whitecumulusclouds.jpg

I know you already told me it was impossible to do in 3D clouds... though I can dream !

Yeah ! that looks like FS2004 clouds and I personally LOVE IT !!

I will just make the same remark as before, would love to see more crispy clouds, where we really see the borders between them and sky.

Sometimes during the great summer days, we see things like that http://zakarea.unblog.fr/files/2008/02/whitecumulusclouds.jpg

I know you already told me it was impossible to do in 3D clouds... though I can dream !

Again who knows what the future will bring.....We already have a home run on our hands.....There are a lot of things that need fixing, we are starting off with a very solid base to work with.....

• Upvote 2