SkyMAXX Pro

JohnMAXX

Transitions between sky color, lights and clouds. Shading of clouds vs saturation of color and contrast of fog should all have fluid transitions.

Understood. Some of this sounds shader related to me.

Tell me, do you find a good balance of this in X-Plane's default clouds?

To answer your question Tom, we are hoping to implement a procedurally drawn sky in the future.

For one the transitions will be seamless in that respect, and also sky colors can be changed via a slider in the UI.  Right now we dont have the ability to implement this, but we are hopeful that LR will give us this ability.....

To answer your question Tom, we are hoping to implement a procedurally drawn sky in the future.

For one the transitions will be seamless in that respect, and also sky colors can be changed via a slider in the UI.  Right now we dont have the ability to implement this, but we are hopeful that LR will give us this ability.....

Just out of curiosity, have you already asked Austin or are you hoping that it will be implemented?

Just out of curiosity, have you already asked Austin or are you hoping that it will be implemented?

We are working on it, as you know this stuff takes time.....

These issues dont detract from the product overall and they will enhance it in the future in the form of updates.....

• Upvote 1

We are working on it, as you know this stuff takes time.....

These issues dont detract from the product overall and they will enhance it in the future in the form of updates.....

Good to hear, good luck as you move towards release! I really like some of the screenshots I am seeing, post #93 being my favourite so far :)

• Upvote 1

Good to hear, good luck as you move towards release! I really like some of the screenshots I am seeing, post #93 being my favourite so far :)

We do have a complete product on our hands, an something like this has never been done for X-Plane.   With that said LR has been good to me, I asked for normal mapping of ground textures, as an example,  and now we have them in UrbanMAXX......

Once this sweeps across the market, hopefully, LR will realize the value and give us more attention.  Im sure of it ;)

• Upvote 2

Have hope for this my self, untill then I will look forward to try SkyMaxx Pro when it arrives :) Good luck

• Upvote 1

Just for curiosity, what are you waiting for to release it ? Still optimisation, bug fixes etc ?

That sums it up....some minor changes....going to add a volumetric layer to overcast conditions for one.....then some testing.....

I dont like to put a time on anything but hopefully this month.... :P

• Upvote 1

I dont like to put a time on anything

That's true we never know what life holds for us ... bad or good !

I will manage to be the very first customer the minute it is released, I love to do that with products I love ! I think I was the first the night where the T-28 was released on X-A

• Upvote 1