SkyMAXX Pro

JohnMAXX

That's true, the weather gets very dynamic with it. Only problem is that you can't reduce visibility then, because it requires real weather switched on. So if real weather yields 30 nm visibility, but you would like to reduce it to 20 nm (because of frame rate, maybe), you can't.

You cannot do that with the default weather either,  best practice would be to load the weather via default or the NOAA plugin, turn it off but leave the settings and set the visibility to your liking......

You cannot do that with the default weather either,  best practice would be to load the weather via default or the NOAA plugin, turn it off but leave the settings and set the visibility to your liking......

Yes, that's what I meant: I can download default weather and after that switch to custom weather where I can reducy visibility.

I tried what you suggest with the NOAA plugin, but my impression is that after turning it off, the default weather is restored.

Yes, that's what I meant: I can download default weather and after that switch to custom weather where I can reducy visibility.

I tried what you suggest with the NOAA plugin, but my impression is that after turning it off, the default weather is restored.

Ahh I see, hmmm let me play with this....I think it can be done if before turning off the NOAA plugin make sure you are set to "set weather uniform for the world" first......let me play

I think when people get completely comfortable with the new clouds and the UI they will understand how powerful this plugin really is.  

It is a completely new concept and needs to be approached in a different manner.  Especially when deciding on sky colors and cloud settings. 

<<Side Note>> 

GA flyers and VFR....We turned of the "Grey Screen Of Death" and in the image above I was weaving through the cloud layers......When flying through a cloud of course visibility is decreased, but only in the cloud puff itself....

Edited by JohnMAXX

Ok another interesting shot, to the left you can see how the crepuscular rays interact with the scenery, it adds a more realistic glare to the scene, you can see it extend across the canopy....get your sunglasses on.... B)

9qwqTXt.jpg

And another one:

kP1xIVR.jpg

Edited by JohnMAXX

Ahh I see, hmmm let me play with this....I think it can be done if before turning off the NOAA plugin make sure you are set to "set weather uniform for the world" first......let me play

The problem is that I can't "set weather uniform for the world" as long as NOAA plugin is active -- it automatically jumps back to the "real weather" tab :(

The problem is that I can't "set weather uniform for the world" as long as NOAA plugin is active -- it automatically jumps back to the "real weather" tab :(

Im not having a problem with XPX staying on uniform weather.....

Basically what I do is go to default weather make sure it is set to "uniform"....then I goto the NOAA plugin enable it by  clicking on "Enable XPGFS" and "Download Latest Data"  I let the plugin generate the weather then click those two options off and close  out of the plugin dialog.  Next I go into the default weather and it is still set to "Uniform" next I adjust visability.   Of course doing this will not allow the weather to automatically update but any real world weather option wont let you change the visibility.....

Im not having a problem with XPX staying on uniform weather.....

Basically what I do is go to default weather make sure it is set to "uniform"....then I goto the NOAA plugin enable it by  clicking on "Enable XPGFS" and "Download Latest Data"  I let the plugin generate the weather then click those two options off and close  out of the plugin dialog.  Next I go into the default weather and it is still set to "Uniform" next I adjust visability.   Of course doing this will not allow the weather to automatically update but any real world weather option wont let you change the visibility.....

Ah! Maybe this is the reason! You start out with "uniform", whereas I started with "real weather". I will try your way asap! :)

• Upvote 1

That looks so real John ...

You know, that may seems stupid but for me, that kinf of add ons are the one I anticipate the most, because even if you got the greatest scenery or plane ... nothing worth a realistic sky to fly throug !

I would love someone to do a light sound environnement plugin, to add natural sound according to where you are : in the middle of the city, over highways, some klaxon and fast cars sound, same for trains etc, airport could get so much busier with sounds, as well as peaceful nature sound in the forest etc ...

Anyway, SkyMAXX Pro is the only real add on I'm looking for !

• Upvote 1