CZBB - Boundary Bay Scenery Development

Colin S

So I recently downloaded my old CZBB file to mess with in WED to add buildings, forests, textures, etc, but WED crashes every time I try to build the scenery pack. Any suggestions? I would attach a log if there was one. I'd like to add that it straddles a DSF boundary edge. 

Cheers. 

I have completely started from scratch with nothing but my original orthophotos, here is how it's looking so far (only the east-west runway is complete, nothing else). Sorry for it being so dark, I have my gamma turned way down to find discolouration which is common in low resolution orthoimagery.

tumblr_mrhjuhsNrY1s0izlgo1_1280.png

I forgot to mention like I did on facebook that I am going for realism, not absolute accuracy. I know about the orientation, I've been inside the heritage hangar before; however, I didn't want to dawdle about doing custom buildings for this particular scenery, so I used the resources available through OpenSceneryX and other free sources. It doesn't look good oriented the other way. 

I do wish there was a good model of something similar, but there isn't.

Cheers :)

Thanks Colin looks fantastic! I live literally ten minutes away from boundary bay.

Will you also model the new terminal building? It doesn't look like the orthos you have are new enough.

Terminal-and.jpg

(sorry for the bad photo couldn't fine a better one)

Edited by GrahamH
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Colin looks fantastic! I live literally ten minutes away from boundary bay.

Will you also model the new terminal building? It doesn't look like the orthos you have are new enough.

Terminal-and.jpg

(sorry for the bad photo couldn't fine a better one)

Sorry to tell you this... I am focusing too much on another huge scenery project to try to model the new terminal... and the orthophotos are so old that it isn't in it. Thank god that the orthos are at least new enough for the main runway to have been extended. Anyways, here's my final post for the night (or morning):

Oh my god I am never staying up this late again to make an airport... but at least it's looking good. Almost done with the scenery objects, tomorrow morning will be the lighting, then it's upload time!

tumblr_mrm5noksj81s0izlgo1_1280.png

I'd like to say one more time that I am aiming for plausibility an realism rather than accuracy (for this airport and my other Pacific Northwest area airports). My next airport (a much more tropical one) is much more for accuracy and realism.

Cheers! 

Edited by Colin S

Beautiful screenshot! Maybe another one for "very good" rating on my airport map? (Though one suggestion I have for all your airports: Some ground traffic maybe? ).

Ground traffic as in... vehicles? I can't model that well, I can barely model static objects realistically. 

Now I'm excited for this "tropical" scenery.

It's not PHNL. Here's a preview: (includes a lot more photoscenery than the default scenery in the background suggests). I haven't done much work on it in a couple of week, I've been taking a break for 4W6 and CZBB.

tumblr_mpbl689OYq1s0izlgo2_1280.png

Edited by Colin S

Never heard of it, great you just delayed the release of this scenery by another week... just kidding. I won't use ground traffic at this airport because this a major airport that functions more like a municipal airport. 

Cheers, but I'll definitely use it with my mystery tropical place! 

Never heard of it, great you just delayed the release of this scenery by another week... just kidding. I won't use ground traffic at this airport because this a major airport that functions more like a municipal airport. 

Cheers, but I'll definitely use it with my mystery tropical place! 

I'm going to go with NSTU,  Pago Pago International Airport

• Upvote 1