• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really nice Javier, amazing texture, the metal textures are the best I've seen EVER!. Is this one going to be a payware also? when do you plan to release it? I can't wait for the release of the CRJ200 and I am saving my pennies for that one, cuz I believe It's not going to be under 40 bucks, perhaps a lot more considering the amount of time it has taken to finalize for release, and then on to the A320 which if is comparable to the CRJ in system simulation quality wont be a cheap one either. I saw previews of the A320 but can't find the thread any more  ;) and it looks amazing too, I would buy the A320 as is just for the amazing 3D model, even if it flies like a kite. So I am looking at spending some serious dough in XP planes this year to support and encourage the work of developers like you.

Looking back to my initiation in flight simulation, back when FS98 was released and the subsequent upgrades all the way to FS9, all the add-ons in sceneries, planes and software, investment in computer hardware to be able to enjoy the purchases, flight controls, etc. I have to admit (please don't let my wife see this) that I have spent thousands of dollars in this hobby of mine, then for work related issues switched to a mac and my virtual flying got temporarily forgotten. then I discovered X-Plane 8 and the story repeated, I needed (more like a really wanted) a more powerful computer with the latest graphic card, then XP9. I was disappointed with the default aircraft so I got a few payware planes but was disappointed to see that even though the prices were not high, that the quality was just not there, all seemed like or worse than available freeware planes for MSFS. Soon will be XP10 (can't wait for that one either) and finally real good quality add-on planes and scenery are starting to trickle down, thanks to real professional developers and not just aficionados taking XP as a platform to develop for. I know there are just a few and nothing like the monster corporations developing for MSFS. So thank you very much for all the amazing work you and other developers are putting into really good quality add-ons of X-Plane, like the rest of the team that is taking form at x-aviation, where I have started to spend my monies and certainly will continue to do so as products like yours see the light. I don't want to sound too impatient but I really can't wait to fly the Mentor, CRJ and A320 so please continue the good work

the A320.. hehe.. Well see how long it takes to release the CRJ that is near to end and still it takes loooong and looong.. because those little things to program are never ending stuff...... so imagine when the A320 will be released that only the external model is done without textures.

I must say about the A320 that the topic was deleted to not create such expectation so soon as the CRJ did (we learn from our mistakes).

About the Mentor. Well.. right now the texture is ended (only one livery for now.. will make more before release) and I am making the animations of the gauges (external are done) so.. still Have to do instruments (this plane won't have programming so as far as I can reach with generics It will be released as payware but cheap price) documentation and liveries. So I think Maybe end August or September will be released if everything is ok. It is not the principal. Only when I have time from Laminar or CRJ.

I will post advance pics soon.

Best and thanks for the comments!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well these days are days of full work for Laminar and having little time for the Mentor, that for sure I think I will release it before the CRJ.

It is a plane that it is taking me so much time. Maybe because now I know how to do things much better and that takes its time.. but I am filling all the parts of the Plane very nicely.

Just the animation of all the parts of the plane it is taking me the longest of all planes I have ever done (and there are some of them already!!) So many gauges here.

So.. here are the screens. I hope to have the plane out on September.

Best!

Mentor_19.jpg

Mentor_20.jpg

Mentor_21.jpg

Mentor_22.jpg

Mentor_23.jpg

Mentor_24.jpg

Mentor_25.jpg

Mentor_26.jpg

Mentor_27.jpg

Wow that looks impressive!  :P

Well these days are days of full work for Laminar and having little time for the Mentor, that for sure I think I will release it before the CRJ.

It is a plane that it is taking me so much time. Maybe because now I know how to do things much better and that takes its time.. but I am filling all the parts of the Plane very nicely.

Just the animation of all the parts of the plane it is taking me the longest of all planes I have ever done (and there are some of them already!!) So many gauges here.

So.. here are the screens. I hope to have the plane out on September.

Best!

Mentor_19.jpg

Sometimes I think Laminar should pay you and Anton for the work you are putting into these planes and as I think the Crj has attracted alot of MSFS attention. Really marvellous work. I wish there was a good tutorial for implementing dynamic lightning

Javier can you also tell about the lightning you have used on the CRJ on the exterior that show all of the reflections etc. Was it programmed or was it also Dynamic Lightning.

Javier can you also tell about the lightning you have used on the CRJ on the exterior that show all of the reflections etc. Was it programmed or was it also Dynamic Lightning.

There are two ways of doing reflexion lights on OBJs. First baked.. that is good if the light is not moving (beacon, strobes, navs), because It also gives you the bake of the shadows. You can drive them with manipulator ATTR_Light... so.. just render it.. and there it is.

Other is dynamic light (that is not dinamic.. because one thing I want to to link to an manipulator and move it (for example moving flood on lamp inside cockpit). Those are internal lights..... but if you name an external (fuselage, wings.... landing gears) as internal then you have that light. That is what I did with CRJ Landing lights.. BUTTTT!!! that is an exploid of x-plane. Ben Supnik told me that we was going to redone that. Maybe he thought better becasue still is working... (HOPE NOT FIX IT!!) but for sure on x-plane 10 will be done other way. But I think there will be solutions for external illumination there!  :)