Saab 340A Enters Beta Testing!

Cameron

Rain on the windshield - of course....didn't expect you would leave out this goodie. That's what happens every time you raise the bar: People come to expect more and more and more ;)

BTW: Looks very good from here.

Flo

Edited by FloB
  • Upvote 1

Don't want to say too much about the rain now, but what I will say is it was a pretty big job to create.  (Just rain...go figure!?  But it took 3-4 weeks to finish)  

I'll definitely look at adding it to the DC-3, but seeing as the Saab is in beta testing, I want to wait until after the Saab is out before the next DC-3 update.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to what sounds to be a masterpiece.

Pardon my ignorance, but please, can you tell me if this is a free turbine or fixed shaft type of motorization ? Those General Electric motors aren't as popular as PT6 and TPE331 and so I didn't find what kind of engine it was

Thanks

As we continue to move forward, beta testing has gone quite well. Our testers have been an invaluable resource with their real world experience, and this is translating well into the polishing of this project.

I thought the following quote from one of our testers was a great compliment and wanted to share it with you!...

I decided to go over the electrical system a bit this morning. Testing it is tedious, because it´s very complicated, and I often thought I found a bug, only to read up and find out that it works exactly as intended. My hat is off to the coders, excellent job!...

...Again, great job on a very complicated system!

• Upvote 7

you just lost a sell...

I suppose if you're running Linux, then you're correct. Then again, we already calculated that into our assumptions since you're running Linux and we already knew support wouldn't be there.

On a broader question...you and what army?

• Upvote 1

Developer dont care about Linux is a small market in the  X-Plane community but we are there....  maybe the only developer care about Linux is ramzzess fortunately is the better one

Well, if he's better then you got NOTHING to worry about! Why would you ever want anything subpar? :)

Sounds to me like you're covered, and there's nothing to worry about. It is this mentality that you have just shown that helps seal the deal and makes us feel comfortable with our decision.

Enjoy your X-Plane flights!

• Upvote 4