AWG Sim - Sky Environment XP Development

account641

9 different sky themes-  done by sabach's HDR mod

enchanced 3d effect?-Sabach's HDR mod 

HD Glaciers- John's GlacierMAXX

HD Runways/taxiways-FlyJSim's textures

Sun/Moon halo-also modded by Sabach in his HDR Mod

and by more?

Tweaked lights: Chris K's Modified Lighting for X-Plane 10. Why don't you throw in some wide taxiway markings and HD Taxi signs?

• Upvote 3

Sounds like you're waiting for just the right asset to appear so you can "borrow" it......

We have not borrowed anyone's work. We created all the work with the exception of the glacier textures. I do not know where anybody got that idea from.

Yes there are freeware alternatives available but I feel I am wasting my time by reiterating what is included in our product. 

I also found this product called Skymaxx Pro...in development also :D jks jks

I expected better from someone like yourself.

On another note we are considering expanding the amount of redone airport textures to include taxi signs considering we already have redone the ground markings. More a general upgrade rather than focusing on the sky so a product rename will most likely be in order.

As for our HD moon we obtained our texture from here - http://www.oera.net/how2/texturemaps2.htm

Processed in photoshop to make it looked better and added a halo.

Aaron you are in no position to expect anything out of anyone. Peter is a very well respected airport developer who has made some real advancements in xplane. ....

I am not disputing that. I am aware of his commendable reputation in X-Plane. Someone like Peter always makes an insightful post which is useful to read however I feel his latest post was not what I would expect from someone like Peter.

On another note we are considering expanding the amount of redone airport textures to include taxi signs considering we already have redone the ground markings. More a general upgrade rather than focusing on the sky so a product rename will most likely be in order.

Oh hey, here's some INSPIRATION. You might need it, you never know.

TAXI.jpg

There you have it. HD taxi signs !

But I'm sure you already have them.

Out of caution... I'm so silly I made them available for FREE to the community here : http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/509-taxi-hd-enhancement-pack/

• Upvote 3

I expected better from someone like yourself.

As for our HD moon we obtained our texture from here - http://www.oera.net/how2/texturemaps2.htm

Processed in photoshop to make it looked better and added a halo.

Hey if you need a link to a great set of HD taxi signs I know where you can find them ;)  You can though save yourself hours of work by just taking them. Oh and if you need a good thunder sound pack he's got one of those too ;) And don't mind Peter, he's just one of those guys that's so passionate about his work it drives him nuts to see people take the easy way out. I've seen him drop more projects at about 80% done and months, yes months of work into because he absolutely refuses to send out incomplete and cobbled work. I know,crazy right ? Every one of the devs mentioned have nothing but respect out there because they have gone over and above to help out and add to the community. Just like positive and negative attention you gotz respect and lack of respect. 

• Upvote 1

The real issue we have with you, Mr. Graham, is that you're trying to sneak in a community full of generous and talented people.

X-Plane has the ability to create healthy communities, spark initiatives. You, on the other hand, are just not fit.

We have seen enough of your generosity, or lack of thereof, and nothing here, after dozens of posts, helped to prove your actual talent.

I have no doubts about your opportunism, however.

• Upvote 2

I am not disputing that. I am aware of his commendable reputation in X-Plane. Someone like Peter always makes an insightful post which is useful to read however I feel his latest post was not what I would expect from someone like Peter.

I apologised if the post I have made has insulted you. It was meant to be a joke hence the "jks jks".

Edited by Peter T.
  • Upvote 2

The real issue we have with you, Mr. Graham, is that you're trying to sneak in a community full of generous and talented people.

X-Plane has the ability to create healthy communities, spark initiatives. You, on the other hand, are just not fit.

We have seen enough of your generosity, or lack of thereof, and nothing here, after dozens of posts, helped to prove your actual talent.

I have no doubts about your opportunism, however.

Aye. Well said.

We are continuing to tweak and refine the product as we near release.

The new sun halo along with the sky themes are cloud theme are beginning to look really good. I have included a preview from the latest beta.

All feedback welcome.

9935943694_47b913740e_b.jpg

Also, I would like to add small update regarding Scenery (formerly Terrain) Europe XP. We have been busy at work redoing the OSM with 2 options (OSM and OSM+Autogen), creating new FACADES and adding landmarks. I know this is not the thread to discuss the product here but we will post previews in another thread soon. I am aware of the acute discontent with reference to this product and we are working hard to fix it, if a little over a year later which we apologise for. We will also be offering 50% of Sky Environment XP (if we keep that name...) for all Scenery/Terrain: Europe XP customers.

• Upvote 1

We have been re-evaluating our X-Plane product lines of the last few weeks. Regretfully we have had to remove the HD apron/taxiway textures. We want to streamline and simplify the products aim - and in this case the product is aimed at the sky and the sky environment, of which the ground apron/taxiways are not part of. It is highly unusual that some features are removed so close to a product release however the textural work done on the ground may reappear/form the basis of another product. As usual we are making no promises. We appreciate your understand.

So...to recap the feature at present for Sky Environment XP is as follows;

• 9 Different sky colour themes
  • 4 different cloud themes and tweaked shaders
  • HD Moon with new halo
  • HD Glacier Texture (Credit to John Spahn - MaxxXP)
  • New sun halo effect
  • Automated installation and Config manager on Windows Vista+ only (Manual install will work on Mac/Linux and instructions will be provided to do so)

We are also going to go ahead with our plans to feature a 'Download Centre' from which a customer can download more sky (and perhaps cloud) themes for installation. 

On a final note the product is entering beta testing this week and we still have a few open positions so if you are interested please send me a private message or contact us via our website. Previous experience would be nice but not necessary.

This product is aimed at the sky and the sky environment. So you're telling me that glaciers float? As they're part of the sky, GENIUS!!

I seen glaciers in the sky...and then I woke up.

Easy Peter...LOL

Aaron, I would really like to see this sky in different views typically seen while using X-Plane.  That image you provided above looks really nice but I know and you know the default clouds leave a lot to the imagination.  If you came up with a way of working with them, I would be very impressed.

You dont have to share trade secrets or anything, but being elusive isn't helping you gain any traction with your efforts.....I guess what I am trying to say is I could produce a screen shot just as nice with default by playing around with views and weather conditions.  But showing us what they can do in a natural state will help promote your efforts.

I really thing you need to provide a gallery under different conditions to highlight what you are trying to accomplish.......

• Upvote 2

Easy Peter...LOL

Aaron, I would really like to see this sky in different views typically seen while using X-Plane.  That image you provided above looks really nice but I know and you know the default clouds leave a lot to the imagination.  If you came up with a way of working with them, I would be very impressed.

You dont have to share trade secrets or anything, but being elusive isn't helping you gain any traction with your efforts.....I guess what I am trying to say is I could produce a screen shot just as nice with default by playing around with views and weather conditions.  But showing us what they can do in a natural state will help promote your efforts.

I really thing you need to provide a gallery under different conditions to highlight what you are trying to accomplish.......

Hi John,

I got the latest beta today and will do a flight and take several screenshots. Will probably get them uploading this evening.

I have just gotten some images from the first beta test. As I said early I will try to do a flight (if time permits) and take screenshots of how a typically flight would benefit from the add-on.

For now some images from the beta. These images were taken using different sky themes.

10071436885_6fe3514558_b.jpg

10071433445_5e82bdcafa_b.jpg

10071486126_b42631592a_b.jpg

10071544863_57d2cf0b96_b.jpg

10071439625_de80275b25_b.jpg

All feedback welcome and I will try to do a flight tonight or tomorrow and upload images from it.

We have been re-evaluating our X-Plane product lines of the last few weeks. Regretfully we have had to remove the HD apron/taxiway textures. We want to streamline and simplify the products aim - and in this case the product is aimed at the sky and the sky environment, of which the ground apron/taxiways are not part of. It is highly unusual that some features are removed so close to a product release however the textural work done on the ground may reappear/form the basis of another product. As usual we are making no promises. We appreciate your understand.

So...to recap the feature at present for Sky Environment XP is as follows;

• 9 Different sky colour themes
  • 4 different cloud themes and tweaked shaders
  • HD Moon with new halo
  • HD Glacier Texture (Credit to John Spahn - MaxxXP)
  • New sun halo effect
  • Automated installation and Config manager on Windows Vista+ only (Manual install will work on Mac/Linux and instructions will be provided to do so)

We are also going to go ahead with our plans to feature a 'Download Centre' from which a customer can download more sky (and perhaps cloud) themes for installation. 

On a final note the product is entering beta testing this week and we still have a few open positions so if you are interested please send me a private message or contact us via our website. Previous experience would be nice but not necessary.

Selling tweaked content from Laminar is explicitly forbidden under their terms and conditions.

Start explaining.

• Upvote 1

So wth is hapenning with this guys, I admit I'm a bit lost ?

He stole LR works, tweaked it a bit and want to re-sell it ?

If it is true and proven, why this thread isn't closed once for all ?

We have not stole any LR work. Ben raised a very valid point regarding the tweaked shaders and I have contacted the developer of the shaders to see if they were tweaked or redone. I also contacted Austin to discuss the very valid issue which Ben raised and what course of action we will be taking if the shaders are tweaked and not permitted for resale however at present this is an on-going to discuss to see whether the shaders are tweaked or not. The developers native language is not English and he uses a translator. I will keep you all updated on this situation and what appropriate course of action we will take.

Everything has been created from scratch however there is a question mark over the shaders so please do not be disillusioned that we simply stole all the work.

• Upvote 1