Introduction and first previews!

Welcome to the forums Jim! Your 3-D work looks fantastic!

Now I have a question for you from a rather critical stand point. Will those textures be updated in the future? I mean no offence when I say that the beige textured area looks a little bland. Perhaps a leather texture, similar to this one [ http://thumb7.shutterstock.com.edgesuite.net/photos/display_pic_with_logo/158335/158335,1218013116,1.jpg ] would suffice. IMO it would improve the look of the interior greatly.

Looking forward to buying!

(You've got my Sale  :) )

-Jason

Jason,

Thanks for the comments.  As Cameron pointed out, the textures are rather bland in real life. The leather in the (real) cockpit has a very fine grain that is very difficult to reproduce.  There is also the issue of scaling when using a photorealistic texture on large surfaces, which in my opinion never looks right.

I appreciate your input and thanks for the commitment to buying the product.

Regards,

Jim

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the G1000 fully simulated?

inktomi,

Much of the G1000 functionality has been simulated, but not all.  The complexity and intricacies of the G1000 make it extremely difficult to reproduce completely.  I will be continuing to modify and add to the G1000 in the future.  I do have a document that gives an overview of the features that have been included and I will try to get that posted so you can download it.

Jim

Thanks jim!

How about flight characteristics?

the POH?Will it be available?

Do you add custom sounds?

Hungry of news ;D

Nik,

The flight model is pretty much by the book (Columbia POH numbers) especially for speeds at specific altitudes and engine (manifold/RPM) settings). I spent a lot of time on the fuel consumption as well, and it is very accurate.

There is a 160 page POH that will accompany the aircraft (that should cover most everything ;D).  There is also a tutorial to help familiarize people with the airplane.

Only one custom sound at this point(AP disconnect).

I am working on a video to help fill your appetite :)

Jim

Here is a brief video of some of the G1000 features. 

I know it's a little hard to see but you'll get the idea ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

has anyone else noticed the similarities between the SR22 and the C400? it looks as if both companies stole ideas from each other, no?

maybe its just me but i noticed this today for the first time.

I'd probably like the Cessna better anyhow.

Hello !

FlyingJackal, you should listen to Austin in this podcast where he talks about the SR22 and C400: http://www.fsbreak.net/podcast/22

Jim I just saw the video ! Great work ! It's really awesome.

Happy flying.

[me=FlyingJackal]waits attentively for its release.[/me]

oh and while i am doing that, may i inquire about the flight model. how close dose she fly to the real plane?

The plane is ready and in the hands of the guys at X-Aviation.  There are some programming items they need to finish up.

As far as the flight model is concerned the speeds at various altitudes and RPM/MP settings are by the book (Columbia POH), as are the fuel flow numbers. 

Jim

I am curious if this aircraft will allow opening in Planemaker to allow changing default liverys and tail-numbers.

I will let Cameron speak about this further but I believe that with the Gizmo DRM system you can NOT make changes in planemaker. 

The plugin handles the changes in tail number for the various (over 40) liveries that come with this plane.  This includes the tail number as visualized in the 2D and 3D cockpit.

Jim