Introduction and first previews!

Hello, All,

X-Aviation is pleased to announce we have reached a mutual agreement with JGX-Designs to be the publisher of choice for what is sure to be a series of new and exciting aircraft for X-Plane. JGX-Designs is ran by Mr. Jim Gregory, and he'll be able to answer most any of your questions as well as announce features and future products as he progresses with X-Aviation and continues to bring the latest technology and quality products to the table we strive to achieve.

With that said, we're happy to also introduce to you JGX-Design's first product: The Cessna Corvalis! Some of you may remember the Columbia 400. This is the same aircraft, however re-labeled to the Cessna Corvalis name after Cessna purchased Columbia Aircraft.

Jim will respond here with in depth information on the project, what it provides, and where it will go in the future.

Enjoy the screenshots, and again, welcome to the X-Aviation family, Jim!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

My name is Jim Gregory.  I wanted to say Hi! and thank Cameron for the nice introduction.  I feel privileged to be a part of the X-Aviation group of developers and look forward to releasing many exciting new products.

As you can see my first release will be the Columbia 400/Corvalis TT.  This is the fastest FAA-certified fixed-gear, single-engine piston

aircraft in production today.  The good new is that this will be released within the next 7-10 days.

I hope you enjoy this aircraft.  If you have any questions please ask, I will be here on X-Pilot often.

Regards,

Jim

Oh my!

This is awsome, i am totally getting this one!!

How many fps do you get for this plane, and what computer are you on?

Best,

Maxime

Maxime,

Frame rates are always a difficult thing to measure.  Between different systems and different settings in X-Plane there are just too many variations to compare between each person's system.

I have a rather old system (by today's standards).  I am using a Mac G5 2.3Ghz DP with an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL and 2GB ram.  Not a powerhouse at all.  I am seeing between 30-40fps.  

I should note that this plane comes with a complete 2D panel as well as the 3D cocpkit, and in 2D mode the frame rates are higher.

Hope that answers your question.

Oh man.....next monthis going to be expensive! So much for updating my flight hardware!!!!

What animations are coming with this plane???

Looking forward to purchasing this one and adding it to my hangar of LSA and GA planes :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Oh man.....next monthis going to be expensive! So much for updating my flight hardware!!!!

What animations are coming with this plane???

Looking forward to purchasing this one and adding it to my hangar of LSA and GA planes :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Andy,

Externally the prop, wheels & tires, front strut, ailerons, flaps, elevator, and rudder are animated.

Internally all buttons, switches, handles, etc. are animated.  There are also hundreds of animations that make up the PFD and MFD gages, etc..

Thanks for your interest.

Jim

Hi Jim,

thanks for the very fast responce!!!!

I am now getting ready to purchase this plane......it is awesome!

Thank you so very much and I look foward to more preview piccies and news of whatever you are planning to release next (Lanciar by any chance..hint hint hint...).  :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

Well hello! I commented about this project back at the org sone weeks back. Good to see you here and I hope the aircraft does well! As soon as my wife ups my allowance, I may have to pick this one up :) Really looking foreward to seeing the G1000 in action. Any vids?

Zach

Hello Zach,

Thanks for your interest.  I will try to put together a video that demonstrates the functions of the G1000.

Jim

Welcome to the forums Jim! Your 3-D work looks fantastic!

Now I have a question for you from a rather critical stand point. Will those textures be updated in the future? I mean no offence when I say that the beige textured area looks a little bland. Perhaps a leather texture, similar to this one [ http://thumb7.shutterstock.com.edgesuite.net/photos/display_pic_with_logo/158335/158335,1218013116,1.jpg ] would suffice. IMO it would improve the look of the interior greatly.

Looking forward to buying!

(You've got my Sale  :) )

-Jason

Hi, Jason,

The initial Columbia 400's were more along the colors you are thinking of, which were then dubbed the Cessna 400.

As Cessna moved to the Corvalis TT line the interior changed some, and part of that was the more bland coloration you see depicted. As this aircraft is modeled after the TT, the textures mimic such.

Here's a shot of a real TT:

corvalis_real.jpg