Saab 340A Preview and Announcement! - June 24th, 2013

Cameron

Okay guys sorry for raising such question ...

And yeah I have to disable Gizmo and reload the sim to enjoy the other great planes, this with the Falco, C-152 and DC-3 ... but that's fine with me the sim loads very quickly now ;-)

There is absolutely NO REASON that you should have to disable Gizmo and/or reload the sim.  

Yes there shouldn't but it causes troubles with other planes's propdisc for example... anyway, don't want to pollute that thread,I'll eventually start a new support one in the appropriate section with the log etc when I can

This is inaccurate.  Gizmo does NOT interfere with other planes prop discs.  

Yes there shouldn't but it causes troubles with other planes's propdisc for example... anyway, don't want to pollute that thread,I'll eventually start a new support one in the appropriate section with the log etc when I can

These issues have been resolved. Please stop posting false information.

These issues have been resolved. Please stop posting false information.

This is inaccurate.  Gizmo does NOT interfere with other planes prop discs.  

You guys have apparently not noticed that he's flying V9.7 where, in fact, Gizmo still interferes with other aircraft and plugins.  Or did you fix it and not tell anyone?

• Upvote 1

You guys have apparently not noticed that he's flying V9.7 where, in fact, Gizmo still interferes with other aircraft and plugins. Or did you fix it and not tell anyone?

You have apparently not noticed that this topic discussed the latest Gizmo, relevant to the very complainer crying nonsense with his 64-bit recently purchased products and his latest posts about purchasing a new computer and running X-Plane 10.

Please, not all X-Plane users are of the same level of technical expertise as the people who develop for it.

Gizmo is an astonishing product; it's matured incredibly well and I'm very interested in its long term prospects. I hope that the goal for it's longevity and widespread facility becomes the lode-star through which information is conveyed ... and an inveterate duffer such as myself (and it seems others who may share my unfortunate condition) will quite likely not understand in the first instance and require retelling more than the once; for which I plead for your patience and understanding!

Cheers, Kris P.

Edited by Kris Pryo

Please, not all X-Plane users are of the same level of technical expertise as the people who develop for it.

Gizmo is an astonishing product; it's matured incredibly well and I'm very interested in its long term prospects. I hope that the goal for it's longevity and widespread facility becomes the lode-star through which information is conveyed ... and an inveterate duffer such as myself (and it seems others who may share my unfortunate condition) will quite likely not understand in the first instance and require retelling more than the once; for which I plead for your patience and understanding!

Cheers, Kris P.

Kris,

If a person does not have the technical expertise and/or does not understand the product, then they shouldn't be making ANY accusations/statements about that product.  

Hueyman has no trouble being technical. He's developing a product with another individual...with SASL...programming in LUA (obviously). He's competent enough to understand what's what.

This is beyond your average Joe.

• Upvote 1

Why being so harsh men, I didn't wanted to start the storm, just telling I got trouble on my " recently purchased products " and that I concluded it came from Gizmo as since I removed it ( and so am not able to fly them ) the troubles on the other ones are gone.

No, I don't understand how it works I am not a programmer at all.

And yes, I understand the marvels you can do on very complex aircrafts like the CRJ, and that Saab you are polishing for so long, I am convinced it is worthing the wait. I just thought old problems Gizmo had a year or so ago of being compatible with very little things and requiring a constant sim re load weren't over, it seems I was false.

So sorry guys, keep up the good mood ;-)

Valentin (Hueyman)

1. Gizmo does not interfere, in any way, with any SASL driven product.  It was Cameron and Ben Russell who worked with Ben Supnik to ensure this problem was eliminated.  No one else.

2. If you have issues with any Gizmo driven product, you are expected to either:

a. post a question about it in the relevant support forums for THAT product.

b. Submit a support ticket through the X-Aviation support page.

If you want to stay up to date on news relating to Gizmo or anything else related to X-Aviation add ons, it is all available on X-Aviation's Facebook page, which gets updated frequently.

This thread is not a support thread for any add on.  It is not for making false claims that are unsupported beyond just your word.  Gizmo has been in development for 6-7 years and Ben Russell has worked extremely hard to make it a very powerful scripting language while, at the same time, ensuring it causes no problems for us or our valued customers.  And that work has also been in the form of years of developer feedback on features and bug fixes (including developers who have SASL driven add ons) just to make sure no one has any problems.

You're more than welcome to post any issues you are having with any X-Aviation product in the X-Pilot forums, but we expect you to do it respectfully, through the proper channels, and with enough evidence that substantiates your claims.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Upvote 1

Just a thought... Could the case be that "The Other Aircraft" which seem to be conflicting for him have not been updated to their latest releases for an strange reason? I know (cuz I read about it from Ben Supunik him self) that in the latest releases of XP10, significant changes were done to the code and that updating plugins was necessary. 

I have no issues with Gizmo or any other freeware/payware planes using custom plugins given the fact that all have been updated to the latest available release, none. 

Just a thought... Could the case be that "The Other Aircraft" which seem to be conflicting for him have not been updated to their latest releases for an strange reason? I know (cuz I read about it from Ben Supunik him self) that in the latest releases of XP10, significant changes were done to the code and that updating plugins was necessary. 
I have no issues with Gizmo or any other freeware/payware planes using custom plugins given the fact that all have been updated to the latest available release, none. 

Nope

I know a video would delay things.. but could we perhaps, please, get a screenshot of the cockpit with the avionics switched on?  I'd like to see what the panels look like in the 3D cockpit.  I remember being very impressed with the detail in the one you guys posted a few months back, I'm assuming it's all nice and polished and put-together now :)

• Upvote 1

I know a video would delay things..

Definitely.

but could we perhaps, please, get a screenshot of the cockpit with the avionics switched on?  I'd like to see what the panels look like in the 3D cockpit.  I remember being very impressed with the detail in the one you guys posted a few months back, I'm assuming it's all nice and polished and put-together now :)

We'll try. No promises. We really want to finish it as soon as possible, and the bug list is getting shorter by the day.

• Upvote 4

and the bug list is getting shorter by the day.

Then please ignore (as if I need to tell you that ;) ) our request, and concentrate on pushing out the door this piece of work (preferably before my birthday next sep 11th). As soon as it is out, there will be lots of screenshots and videos by the happy customers flooding the web for undecided customers to see. I know that I will purchase my copy even blind folded based on the impeccable reputation of everyone involved in the project and what I have seen so far.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...