Saab 340A Preview and Announcement! - June 24th, 2013

Cameron

• 2 weeks later...

What you guys have against SASL ? At least it don't screw up every other planes in the sim, just for one hour of a Gizmo powered plane ... I got tired of being forced to restart the sim to use another plane, or I have my control locked, prop disc **** up etc etc ...

What you guys have against SASL ? At least it don't screw up every other planes in the sim, just for one hour of a Gizmo powered plane ... I got tired of being forced to restart the sim to use another plane, or I have my control locked, prop disc **** up etc etc ...

Did you have trouble reading about it being a joke?

These complaints of yours are invalid for today's current customer: http://blog.x-aviation.com/2012/11/gizmo-and-sasl/

You've made multiple recent purchases at X-Aviation that utilize Gizmo over the past few weeks. I'll bet you didn't even know they use Gizmo because of the problems you don't get...

• Upvote 2

What you guys have against SASL ?

SASL is a tool for developers...I am a developer.  What do I have against SASL?

• Not aggressively developed anymore, Philipp patches it as needed.
  • Very limited feature set compared to the x-plane SDK
  • No LuaGL...means only "low level or simple" custom graphics through SASL API.....only suitable for simple stuff.
  • No access to, nor patterned after a large portion of the x-plane SDK, limiting design options
  • Aircraft only.  danklaue makes this sound bad, but guess what?  A push back plugin needs to be global...gizmo can do that.  "Smart" ground operations or automatic jetways or catering trucks?  In sim flight planner, moving maps...All that's gotta be global.  You won't see SASL doing that. 
  • Gizmo author is most talented 3rd party programmer in the history of x-plane, has a history of longevity and success that goes back over 10 years.  I think the original author of SASL is "gone", but this is heresay.  I know Philipp has had to take over some patches of it.

And finally...as far as Gizmo "causing problems", you don't know 1/10th the story...you've bought into the .org hype or haven't done your homework lately.  In the last few months, we're seeing the MU2, Falco, Saab and 737....released or about to be released with absolutely minimal technical issues and showcasing some of the most sophisticated simulations available for x-plane and we've only scratched the surface.

Don't see SASL doing this for developers.....don't even see DreamEngine doing this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/955680/sound.mp4

TomK

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 4