Saab 340A Preview and Announcement! - June 24th, 2013

Cameron

This is truly great, AnOther update! Looks great. Just bought a 2gb graphics laptop specifically so i could have better graphics. And this plane looks like it will run perfectly on that lapop. You guys are truly amazing. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

The Embraer-120 would be nice, too. There's already some fairly good [freeware] 1900s for X-Plane, but nobody's made an EMB120 yet that I have seen... 

This looks interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W73SXgR-4c

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=60025

There are several virtual airlines that fly the EMB-120, including Air Northwest.  Not sure who the original author is/was.

There's already some fairly good [freeware] 1900s for X-Plane, but nobody's made an EMB120 yet that I have seen...

"Fairly good" just doesn't cut it anymore imo, although I concede that for some it's a personal choice.

On the higher end, X-Plane is moving into the realm of hi-fidelity systems and graphics ... the days of pandering to those who won't (or can't) upgrade their hardware are dead and buried. A decent bells and whistles flight-sim will require a bit of investment.

We all make our own decisions to balance out the ratio between the hardware we're willing to spend on, likewise the software and the effort to maximise life of hardware. :)

• Upvote 2

ERJ-120 or EMB-120? The latter is a turboprop, not a turbofan. Many VAs including mine fly the EMB-120 (www.flywestwind.com) and it's still a fairly popular regional turboprop. As for the days of people who won't or can't upgrade being dead and buried.. I'm not so sure; We still have a LOT of pilots at WestWind who still fly on FS2004/FS9 due to hardware/budget constraints.

Oops.  I meant EMB 120.  

(See what happens when working without caffeine?)

We're on the fence about it because we can get all the information on it, but a slight downside is that it is quite similar to a Saab 340 with regards to systems.

Edited by Goran_M

Maybe, there's room for collaboration with Cekko on the EMB-120 and separate development on the B190.   :)

Here's hoping that the SF34 is released on 04072013, if not sooner.

Assuming that blob of numbers is a date: 4/7/13, it has already happened unless you mean 7/4/13.

ERJ-120 or EMB-120? The latter is a turboprop, not a turbofan. Many VAs including mine fly the EMB-120 (www.flywestwind.com) and it's still a fairly popular regional turboprop. As for the days of people who won't or can't upgrade being dead and buried.. I'm not so sure; We still have a LOT of pilots at WestWind who still fly on FS2004/FS9 due to hardware/budget constraints.

Does an ERJ-120 even exist?

• Upvote 1