Developing with WED

Figerty

Hi folks,

I am putting some new scenery packages together. Mostly just small regional airports. Plus, I want to redo my EIWF one that I have over at x-plane.org (soon to be posted here instead) but having an issue that I find confusing.

I have World Editor (WED) and Overlay Editor, which I use to create sceneries. However, I want to be able to perfectly align and shape taxiways etc in WED but unable to.

If I open WED, and click Preferences, I get a dialog that says WED has no preferences.

I want to get the same as the attached image but missing part 2 and also when trying to import a background image for guidance it sends the runways half way around the world.

Any ideas?

Window.jpg

Thank you. Tried Restore Frames and dragging up etc. but no joy there.

Yeah if, say for example, I have two runways laid out and have the long, lat, width and length all done, then importad an image from Google Maps or something so I could use it to reference taxiways, well, once imported, the runways end up with completely different long, lat etc and in completely different locations.

You're saying that when you import an image, the WED vector runways (which you have manually lined up the coordinates for) somehow moves/changes?

Very very weird. I've never had anything suddenly "move" when importing an overlay image into WED. As a last resort - hit the 'lock' button against your Airport hierarchy on the top right side, to ensure that nothing changes.

Hope that helps.

To get the preview panes (as per the screenshot), you need to use WED 1.2.

Edited by chris k