Could not locate facade/forest/beach TN Scenery

xaviermorgan

I got this today when I just bought the scenery.  I am in private pilot training out of nashville and am very excited about your scenery.  Now X-Plane won't even start.  Please help.

We don't place objects in this scenery, so there's got to be a little more at play here.

1. Can you please share which version of X-Plane you have installed?

2. Aside from RealScenery, do you have any other object scenery for any airports or even OSM data you have downloaded to complement it?

I have been playing with this for a couple of hours

Basically, I can load the following alongside RealScenery TN and receive no errors:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/0M5 Humpreys Co.  OpenSceneryX only/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBNA_Nashville_International_Airport/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KCHA_Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport _TN/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/

When I load a scenery package for M54 Lebanon that I downloaded from

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18879 -- M54 Lebanon Municipal Airport 1.0

That is when I get the error.

"could not locate facade/forest/beach lib/fence.fac (lo_dsf.cpp:728)"

Now even after I take all of the RealScenery TN items and put into the CUSTOM SCENERY (disabled) folder, this error persists when it did not before the RealScenery install, so the RealScenery installation must have touched something more than just the CUSTOM SECNERY directory.

X-Plane Version is 10.20.

...so the RealScenery installation must have touched something more than just the CUSTOM SECNERY directory.

Sorry, but not possible. All the RealScenery installer does is unzip downloaded files and nothing more. Within those downloads is strictly the scenery, and as you can see in this forum, this is far from a redundant issue.

Based on your assessment, it's quite clear that M54 is your issue, and you are likely missing a required library for it. Which one, I do not know. Facades are primarily used for objects or simple buildings, both of which are non-existent in the dsf "code" of RealScenery. It's quite literally impossible, and even further exemplified by the fact that removal of just that one scenery of all the others you have allow RealScenery to run just fine.

That's good to know.  Just makes me curious as to what changed on the M54 Scenery components.  I will copy the author on the X-Plane.Org site and check his pulse on it.  Good news is that I isolated the problem -- at the expense of some sleep.  I also learned about how to troubleshoot.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

thanks!  If anyone else has any ideas, here is the error in the log file:

0:00:06.359 I/ACF: Loading airplane number 0 with Aircraft/General Aviation/Cessna 172SP/Cessna_172SP.acf
X-IvAp: Your ICAO:
X-IvAp: Your Tailnumber: N434EP
Failed to find resource 'lib/fence/fence.fac' at 'Custom Scenery/M54 Lebanon/lib/fence/fence.fac'
0:00:06.359 I/FLT: Init p0 type:loc_tak apt:M54 rwy:01
0:00:06.359 I/SCN: DSF load time: 14771103 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+30-090/+35-088.dsf (163016 tris)
0:00:06.359 I/SCN: DSF load time: 4945059 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+30-090/+35-087.dsf (181639 tris)
0:00:06.359 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1564585 for file Custom Scenery/KCHA_Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport _TN/Earth nav data/+30-090/+35-086.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:06.359 I/SCN: DSF load time: 4874326 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+30-090/+35-086.dsf (196151 tris)
0:00:06.359 I/SCN: DSF load time: 404865 for file Custom Scenery/0M5 Humpreys Co.  OpenSceneryX only/Earth nav data/+30-090/+36-088.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:06.359 I/SCN: DSF load time: 4319653 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 10 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+30-090/+36-088.dsf (173179 tris)
0:00:56.895 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:56.895 E/SYS: | Could not locate facade/forest/beach
0:00:56.895 E/SYS: |
0:00:56.895 E/SYS: |
0:00:56.895 E/SYS: | lib/fence/fence.fac
0:00:56.895 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:728)
0:00:56.895 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final installment of beating this horse:

I got this to work by putting a random fence1.fac item renamed to fence.fac in 'Custom Scenery/M54 Lebanon/lib/fence/fence.fac'

I had to create the /lib/fence directory.  Now it pops up.  We have to get that reference out of there, and you will be cooking with grease!  Thanks again for the scenery.  Makes a big difference.

Really not sure why it started kicking up after I installed the scenery, but this sort of fixes it.  I have notified the author.  Thanks everyone.