Super MD 80

parsec

X-Plane is a platform that digest well the polygons, of course we must not

exaggerate the problem is the texture in this case we must be wise.

Achieving a quality product naturally involves trade-offs,

In the first draft of the 3D model of the MD 80 had 1,500,000 polygons.

I lost most of the time dedicated to this project to optimize the model eliminating loop edge up to decrease the number of polygons to 1/4 of the initial (1,500,000) without compromising the mesh, the smoothing and without creating artifacts.

The result is visible from the images.

I also believe that it is not honest realize aircraft payware  of this type

modeling it in 2 weeks with 30,000 polygons, and  assert which will be highly detailed.

Today and in the future we will have all  most powerful PC on our desk

and the polygons problem will always be less relevant.

Thanks for Your attention. :)

Parsec

Keep in mind those of you that are worried about computing power, if this aircraft is in fact in the state that we see represented in the work in progress images could be anywhere from 1 to 2 years from release. How much more advances can we see in that time with X-Plane 10 and computer components? Probably a lot. I don't think FPS should be a concern this early on.

Keep in mind those of you that are worried about computing power, if this aircraft is in fact in the state that we see represented in the work in progress images could be anywhere from 1 to 2 years from release. How much more advances can we see in that time with X-Plane 10 and computer components? Probably a lot. I don't think FPS should be a concern this early on.

Perfect PWJT8D centered  the question.  :)

Thanks!!

Thank you very much! i notice you used Boolean cuts. Do you know if they are improved in blender 3d?

Absolutely not, the Boolean cuts create serious problems to the mesh.

Are cuts made ​​on the mesh and subsequent welding of the vertices if necessary,
is a technique that is acquired over time to gain control of the mesh
and avoid artifacts etc., etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm glad you liked it!

Yes, some training videos is another thing what we want to realize as our MD-82 and 83 are not a load'n'fly planes, all systems will be simulated in the way they really work so you must know all the procedures in order to enjoy the simulation, especially if you start in cold and dark.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Tom,

it's a pleasure to read your kind comment, I must admit that your astounding work with the 737 was (is) truly inspirational for us while developing the plane in the latest twelve months of work so it will be a real pleasure to let you enjoy our MadDog when it will be ready!

• 2 months later...