The "Only good scenery" scenery map

Mario Donick

2 more:

• UHMA Anadyr -- Rating: still "good", because the nice buildings and still well done night lighting. This is a great 1st stop if you want to travel from Unalakleet, Alaska to Russia.
  • UHMM Magadan -- Rating: Okay. Nearly received a "good", but night lighting is not so good anymore. A nice 2nd stop after UHMA.

There is the freeware Mexicali (MMMI) available in the file library of this site and soon, Taxi2Gate will bring some of their sceneries to the X-Plane world. :) I am working on Acapulco (MMAA) which most likely will be freeware but not for sure.

I'll check MMMI out, and your's to when it's available. I guess the Taxi2Gate thing will take a while.

• 1 month later...

Latest changes to the map:

Checked more than 20 freeware sceneries in the USA and Canada, added the following:

• KNPA Pensacola NAS (Rating: Very good. This is _extremely_ well done freeware).
  • KIAH Houston (Rating: Good).
  • KJAC Jackson Hole (Rating: Good).
  • KJMS Jamestown (Rating: Okay).
  • CYQT Thunderbay (Rating: Okay).
  • CYXE Saskatoon (Rating: Okay. If this was updated with some XP10 lighting, it would be rated Good).

Need to add KGRR (Gerald R. Ford Intl.) to Grand Rapids Michigan found right here in the downloads section. Very friendly frames and very nice 3D models. Overall extremely nice freeware. Not just saying that cuz I live 30 miles away but only that it's that good.

Need to add KGRR (Gerald R. Ford Intl.) to Grand Rapids Michigan found right here in the downloads section. Very friendly frames and very nice 3D models. Overall extremely nice freeware. Not just saying that cuz I live 30 miles away but only that it's that good.

I actually had KGRR on the map a while ago. It has a nice-looking 3D object for the terminal building, but other than that it was somehow ... sterile for my taste. Given the relatively high number of airports in the region on my map, I removed it after adding 8D4.

• 1 month later...

Added:

• LOWS Salzburg (Rating: "Good")
  • UUBB Moscow Bykovo (Rating: "Good", well done, includes city near airport and UUBM Myachkovo nearby; Installing is a bit tedious, because you have to download 3 .zip files and the folders you have to copy to Custom Scenery are in subfolders of the .zips)
  • UWLL Ulyanovsk (Rating: "Okay", nothing special, but good for a break when flying through Russia)
  • LDPV Vrsar (Rating: "Okay"; nice airfield in great landscape at Croatia's coast; could get a "good" with a little more work; be sure to have the most recent version of R2_Library installed (which is 2013-05-04)

• 10 months later...

During this year, I was constantly updating my scenery map with new releases (each week at least once). (Even though I did not update this thread since January; sorry for that).

Today, however, I had to remove a whole lot of scenery packages, as Cami de Bellis and Freddy de Pues (frede) have removed all their content from the Internet. Esp. the east / south east coast of the USA, Hawaii, and lots of islands in the southern pacific are now removed. :(

• 1 year later...