PMDG officially developing for X-Plane

I really respect your choices dude, but saying the ATR 72 is " good " ...

It is beautiful yes, but I never saw such a simplified plane in current X-Plane releases ... any Piper J3 pilot can easily fly the ATR, as even not 10% of the systems are simulated, and moreover they are relying on X-Plane defaults system ...

I think the perfect example of an advanced planed nowadays are the CRJ200, Felis An-24 and Yak 40, LES 340A ( from what I heard I do NOT own it ) and BAe Jet Stream ( love this one Japo ! ) ...

I am sorry and I must admit I am not an airliner expert at all, so can't tell anything about 777,A320 etc but they have good reputation. The only thing I see is that top notch aircrafts are for the moment placarded to the airliners... sadly too few well simulated helicopters, GA planes or turboprops. What I hate is that people thinks only the big elephants ( heavies ... ) deserve a full simulation of all systems etc... you know, A2A is doing an awesome job on the mythic and so simple C172, but they did hard work to do so ... every plane is complex in a sense, and the simple fact to correctly model a squawkbox or radio behavior under certain circumstances, or a proper electrical circuit of some old school plane, or even the complex management of turbocharged radial engines ... can require tremendous high skills ...

Carenado is doing great stuff, but as I always say they want to satisfy the large public audience ( Cameron if you read me, you know what thread I'm refering to ... ) and it works very well as they are ubiquitous nowadays ( who here do not own at least one of their product ? personally I got them all ! )... They are finely modeled and textured, got really seducing sounds and some exclusive features but IMHO they miss the " system " side of the thing ... It is not a critic as the majority of the community seems to be pleased, and I can always tune them to my taste under plane maker ( a great luck we have is that X-Plane is easily customisable )

One of the main constraint we have to accept when we switch from something to X-Plane ( generally FS to X-Plane ) is the fact that things are really really slow ... The community is so small and so moving forward a pain ...

The day where every categories ( GA, Heavy Metal, Commuter Jets, Regional Turboprops, Helicopters, Autogyros, Ultra Light, Gliders, Acrobatic acfts etc ) will be filled with 10 high quality products per category is sadly very very far ... In front of that we have FS, which as sometimes several versions of the exact same plane, so the customer can even choose ... And when it works even some planes are re-made from scratch years after their launch to satisfy the always demanding market, like the fabulous Aerosoft Twin Otter " Extended " ( which I'm praying to come to FS ! )

Yes you're right, the ATR72-500 can't be called excellent. But i was just mentionning it, since you mentionned the x737 as well (which even hasn't any 3d-cockpit yet). Just a remark about Carenda who wants to satisfy the large public audience: i think there is nothing wrong about it, since more and more users will come from the FSX-world and are used to fly such large-public machines.

What are you looking for actually ? From what I heard the x737 is quite advanced in a systems point of view ... if the only thing you worship is a great VC there are the ATR

And yes there is nothing wrong in a commercial point of view, but I'm afraid it would degrade XP's realism reputation on the long run ...

Anyway, I agree with you on some points, and you too with me ! then we can't all be on the same wavelenght, that's life ;-)

Happy flights mate

Exactly ;-)

What i am searching for is quite simple: an aircraft like the NGX 737 from PMDG. So i really hope the IXEG 737 and the B757 from FF will soon come out...the x737 had indeed a nice system-depth 2 or 3 years ago. But now it really should be improved, since the standards had become much more higher now. But i know that they are working on it. So there is one more reason for me to hope about a release of it soon;-)

I wish you nice flights as well ;-)

F.

Edited by frankbyte
  • Upvote 1