10.30 wish list

Femke

I know we are still waiting for sasl and gizmo plugins to make some of our aircraft fully compatible with 10.20 64bit, but I would be interested to see what members here would like to see on their wish list for the next iteration of the 10 series of x-plane.

Edited by Femke

1.) Waaaaay to many items to actually be considered fair towards Laminar Research.

But since you asked... :)

a.) REGULAR recuts of default scenery to update for OpenStreetMap water, road, and rail improvements. (Most critical!)
b.) Implementation of "crowdsourced" airport process in WED and via R. Peel to finally get some buildings into "stock" X-Plane airports.

c.) Urban/Suburban metro area representation improvements. (aka autogen)

d.) Scenery textures which change with the seasons... please?

e.) More ground scenery textures.

f.)  More autogen art assets overall.

g.) More stock X-Plane scenery library objects (for use in item 1b)

h.) Water texturing which is aware of depth/water type (tropical, muddy, ocean, etc. etc.)

i.) Hire more full time developers or artists to help them actually meet some of their goals.

Told you my list wasn't terribly fair! :)

-Greg

• Upvote 1

i.) Hire more full time developers or artists to help them actually meet some of their goals.

I'm sure Laminar has a handle on their human resource allocations.  They are already trying to stretch what they have by using contractors.

Full-time employees are more expensive than you think.  Do you want to help pay for them so they may grant your other wishes?   ;)

Edited by SqrtOfNegOne

Heh... from today's blog entry...

4. I’m working on a new beta of WED, one that includes the “submit-to-Robin” work-flow for submitting airports built entirely out of library parts.

5. Alpilotx and I are working on DSF recuts.  I’ll post more details on this process in another post – there’s a lot to say about it.

...Matches up nicely with my A. and B. requests...  :)  Let's see what happens!

We do, by buying their products.

Thank you for stating the obvious.

However, it is rare that a company will invest in additional full-time personnel before the actual (not projected) sales revenue justifies their expense.  Hence, Laminar's current model using contractors.