Saab 340A Project Cancelled

Cameron

Hi, All,

My apologies for being inconsiderate of the date this was posted.

This post is not to be taken as a joke.

We appreciate the support throughout!

It might help if Goran chimed in, what with Toms tongue in cheek comment and all. It's very sad news if true, I feel very sorry for Team G&T and of course you with all the programming work put in. Please release a basic version at least, once Goran can bear to look at the file again..

Pretty unfunny. So will this project be further held up by the installer/DRM/Gizmo/64bit problem thats delaying release of the updated MU-2, CRJ 200 and whatever else at this time?

Phil

Sorry if you can't see humor, Phil. Hopefully you had some laughter somewhere in your day at least.

To answer:

Strictly dependent on who gets done first. It's not really a concern for us right now given that Gizmo, its updates, and the core code has somewhat been hand in hand in development with the Saab. We're not ready to release this today even if we wanted to, so I don't have a firm answer for you.

I am just getting serious for XP. I've had versions from 5 to current release. And so glad to stumble over what could have been a heartbreak of flightsim news. This hobby will send you to your death if you let it. I appreciate the dedication of all developers.

• Upvote 1

Talk about breathing a sigh of relief!!  I was actually mad when I read about the cancellation.  I'm thinking "Who the #@~* is the jerks wanting more simplistic simulations! God sakes X-Plane has seen enough of that!!  No matter how many April Fools I live through, I seem to always get fooled.

• Upvote 1

With Ben's recent and peculiar post about laptop problems in mind, I'm crossing my fingers that this is not due to some catastrophic shortcoming of Gizmo. Many other projects depend on the framework — the MU-2 update, the IXEG B737.

Now that the truth of the joke has come out I wanted to address this for you, even though circumstances have now changed (since the product is not actually cancelled).

Ben's post was in regard to his MacBook Pro. Apple has an extended warranty replacement program out on the logic board for his version of MBP. What happened was the video card was constantly rebooting the PC with multiple issues, including kernel panics. There was not an inch of data loss, and with such serious material (like Gizmo source) we are very careful with it. It's in the hands of multiple people (including Laminar), and backups are consistently pushed to a secure server in the cloud.

I have no idea how long it would take for Apple to fix such a thing. See this post.

All this said, I personally shipped Ben a new MacBook Pro last week and he received it today. Instead of getting the 2010 MBP sorted out, he was due for an upgrade anyhow and he's back on the grid with hardware he deserves to be working on.

I just wanted to squash that silly rumor bug before it got out of hand. You're not the first one to show concern.

• Upvote 1

All this said, I personally shipped Ben a new MacBook Pro last week and he received it today. Instead of getting the 2010 MBP sorted out, he was due for an upgrade anyhow and he's back on the grid with hardware he deserves to be working on.

Not the hero we deserve, but the one we need.

• Upvote 1