Right turn pull

Now all my planes pull right even the 172???

As the Maestro B)  (aka Japo32, aka Javier) says: Check your X-Plane config on the AXIS and NULLZONE tabs.

Read here for more info: http://www.x-plane.c...lectjsandequip. Look for Figure 4.1 and 4.2

Then check here:

.post-7830-0-70078800-1363427250_thumb.jp 

Sometimes joystcks ect may need the mechanical offset adjusting a bit

post-7830-0-00742000-1363427219_thumb.jp

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

Had to re install x-plane. Now the default aircraft work again but the jetstream is doing the exact thing. Pulling right. I use smooth throttles and never go to 100 % and same thing. The plane is not flyable. I am about to give up on it. Tried a bigger null zone same thing. Tried moving augmentation no joy....

Edited by cchiozza

Was reading another post at another forum, fella had the same trouble. He had configured his throttle (a Saitek throttle) configured for Throttle 1 vs Throttle. One engine was getting all the power and the others none. What kind of throttle set-up are you using?

How is it configured in the set up?

Is it a problem with one engine aircraft?  Jets? Twin prop?

For future use; You don't have to reinstall x-plane  in most cases, just delete your preferences and run x-plane again.

x-plane/output/preferences. Do not delete the folder, just files.  Then you will have to reset all your rendering and and joystick/control

items, but better than having to do a complete reinstall.

So tell us all what your set up is and maybe someone can give you some help.

Chuck

Edited by w9nwrwi
  • Upvote 1

Good advice w9nwrwi, except if you delete everything could be a hassle to re-installl some plugins ... the GNS Garmin comes to mind.

Probably at minimum one should remove Set X-Plane.prf.1.axes & X-Plane Calibration.prf to begin with and start becoming more aggressive from there? Cheers!

Edited by Kris Pryo

cchiozza,

Unless I missed it somewhere, you have not told us what you have set in the throttle set up: in the XP-10  Settings Menu,

Joystick & Equipment, Axis.  There should be, on the left side of that box, an area that says Throttle.  What does that say?

Maybe a screen shot of the box if possible.  If it says Throttle 1 (or 2 or 3 matter of fact) change it to Throttle.

Again, is it Prop Single or twin engine, Jet your having trouble with?   Also see Cessa729's post asking about your set up.......(?).

Sorry if you answered these items and we missed them.

Chuck

It just occurred to me that the OP might have snafu axis settings in the registry. There's a utility that lets you reset them ... I think there's a link on the Digital Combat Simulations site by a guy named Peter P. I'll see if I can locate it.

G'day Chuck, X-Plane doesn't use the registry but the joystick axis has a registry value if it's configured in Windows.

While X-Plane takes care of it's own axes ... my guess if its all mussed up on the registry level it won't be getting proper values in X-Plane to begin with.

Here's the link btw!

Edited by Kris Pryo

Thanks for that Kris.  So if we hook up yokes, throttles, rudders and install drivers (I.e. Saitek) then we have items written to registry.

If we just hook up those same items cold to computer and run x-plane and configure them via X-Plane then we do not write to registry.

Is that correct???

Chuck

Hey Chuck not quite :) (sorry if I'm not explaining this very well!).

From my understanding, Windows will write something to the registry as soon as it detects new hardware or a new device.

So to configure a joystick for X-Plane in Windows (I'm using Win 7 in this instance) this is what I'd do ...

1. First run the utility that you downloaded previously (the one I provided the link to) - this resets any previous settings to zero.

2. the you must calibrate your joystick using Windows joystick calibration (not optional). With Saitek, the link to that utility is in the menu of the X52 Saitek Flight Control System Software and it's called Control Panel ... the Saitek Joystick icon in your Systems tray if you've installed it correctly.

For all joysticks, Windows 7 calibration can also be accessed via "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers" and then right click to get the menu and click on Game Controller Settings and it opens another dialogue box where you need to click on the Properties button .. it gets you to the same place as using the Saitek option.

3. and finally you must calibrate the joystick via X-Plane calibration menu (also not optional). Notice that one of the buttons in the menu is to use current position as 'center'. That's because any software that uses joystick functionality (like X-Plane) needs a starting position and will use what the joystick thinks is calibrated position xy (0,0); which is from values it has previously stored in the registry.

If the settings in the registry are skewed for any reason (i.e. not working from an optimal position for 0,0); then any other software that tries to assign new calibrations based on a 'defective' registry calibration won't work terribly well as the offset from true 0,0 becomes compounded.

Note that the utility that you downloaded scrubs the registry settings for joystick axis so that you don't have any compounding deviations to the axis that can happen over time (it's a very handy utility!). It's worked in my case ... so I hope that helps!

Edited by Kris Pryo

I don't know if this is the only cause of your trubles, but torque is too exaggerated in X-Plane. On twins there is a fix — or a cheat if you will: make the propellers counter-rotating. In Plane Maker, go to Standard -> Engine Specs, choose the Location tab. By Number of blades it will say CW or CCW for each engine. Make it so that these values are not the same for the two engines, i.e. one rotates clockwise and one counter clockwise. They should now cancel one another's roll tendencies out.

I applied this "fix" to the default Beech C90, and now it flies straight ahead, as it should. Now, as the French say: "That's OK in practice, but does it work in theory?" Well, I don't care as long as the aircraft feels right.

Edited by rick_studder
  • Upvote 1