Hat Switch panning/AI Traffic?

hamoody

Hi everyone. I am currently an FSX User, but I am considering getting X-Plane 10 as well, cheifly because of all the high-detail addons like the JRollon CRJ-200 and Jetstream 32. I've used the X-Plane  10 trial before and I quite liked it, but one thing that irked me was how I couldn't figure out how to use my Joystick Hat Switch to pan around the aircraft and inside the VC. Is there any way to do this? Also, are there any good AI Traffic programs for XP10? Thanks for the help!

hamoody

To pan around the cockpit, you can map your hat switch(es) in Buttons:Basic to some of the general commands at the right-most column: up/left/right/down, tilt up/down, and pan left/right. There are separate "fast" options for each; eg I like to pan left/right quickly, but tilt up/down at a slower speed. You need to switch to 3D Cockpit Cmnmd view (shift + 9, but can assign to a button too) for fully free movement rather than 45° left/right increments.

These work to move the view around the plane in external view, too.