scubajuan_new

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 3/25/2017 at 2:53 PM, geronimopilot said:

Hello scubajuan_new!

Not sure if you got my last email so I am reaching out again. I would like to know if you are taking donations towards your excellent work. Can I donate 50USD (or?)  to you to help get this scenery pack finished?

Gracias,

Scott

I am so sorry it has taken me this long to even reply. For personal reasons, I had to put this project in lower priority and was not able to complete. However, I have reopened the files and see what needed to be done and I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is I started this in Sketchup, and I pretty much got the good'ol Sketchup to the limit of its capabilities. Being unable to create PBR textures within the software got me a bit disillusioned, and left it almost for good. But this is a project of love, really. I know the market for scenery is not like in other platforms but still. I really want to get it done and share it with whoever want to enjoy it.

The good news is that I have ported it to Blender and I'm learning Blender as I go. Now that XP12 is in the horizon, I want to release it before XP13 comes along. The Covid situation allowed me some extra time to revisit the project and I have started working on it again. Still a lot to do, mainly all the ground and vegetation, but I want to wait and see what the XP12 has to offer. New work on the whole military base done in Sketchup still. I find modeling in Sketchup a lot easier and I don't need to learn new skill, once the modeling is done, I'll move it to Blender for texturing and export, the X-Plane plugin for Sketchup does not compare to the one for Blender. So stay put and I hope it doesn't take another decade to complete this baby.

On 3/25/2017 at 2:53 PM, geronimopilot said:

Hello scubajuan_new!

Not sure if you got my last email so I am reaching out again. I would like to know if you are taking donations towards your excellent work. Can I donate 50USD (or?)  to you to help get this scenery pack finished?

Gracias,

Scott

Here is your beloved airplane and the entrance of the base which is the most visible on approach

1996288280_Screenshot2022-01-2218_30_18.png

2016293061_Screenshot2022-01-2218_31_14.png

577031367_Screenshot2022-01-2218_32_22.png

622901161_Screenshot2022-01-2218_33_19.png

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...