Jetstream 32 - Checklist .clist Available v0.1

JimboG

Hi there,

Just to let you know that I have been working on creating a Checklister plugin checklist in clist format - Version 0.1 - it is now available for download here if you can't download it from this post:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18360

All the relevant details are contained in the .zip file - enjoy, I hope it helps!

Cheers

James

JetStream32-Checklist-v0.1.zip

Hi Cameron,

Can do - didn't see that this was possible - will do it now.

(Still getting used to XP world!)

And BTW: I made a mistake in posting this thread - could you please move it to the Jetstream32 subforum which is where I intended to put it?

Cheers

James

Hi there,

So just to let everyone know, I am already working version 0.2 which will have "Co-Pilot" automatic checking for the various Items in the "Before Engine Start" checklist. (23 Items!)

This will make it easier "at a glance" to see what items are correct in terms of what the checklist is expecting to see, broken down by specific item. (Which ultimately means less work for you to actually check these things are set the correct value!)

I'm starting to get the hang of mining the datarefs used and am getting some pretty good results so far. Given that this change to the format will be quite big I'd like to ask for any beta testers that would be willing to try out the 0.2 build which I'll do only for the "Before Engine Start" checklist first in order to gauge opinion, before going too far down the path I've started on.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

James

Hi there,

Yes you're right - you can't view in 64bits - yet! (Although I haven't tried it personally)

I am banking on snailpup digging us out of this one again as he did a few years ago to update all his plugins to support X-Plane 8 and 9. I have PM'ed him already - hopefully (if he is still active at all) he will see my request to port his plugin to 64bit.

What I am *hoping* is that: Today - everyone's checklist will work in 32 bit. When 64bit is final and stable everyone's checklist will still work in 32 bit. When 64bit is final and stable *if* snailpup ports Checklister to 64 bit then all existing checklists will be compatible, not just "mine".

I am basically banking on him porting his plugin over for us when the time is right. It's just a co-incidence that a lot of us are already flying the Jetstream in 64bit mode because Javier gave us the 1.03 cut that supports it.

I don't know how many checklists there are out there, but it would seem a hell of a shame for all of them to be "left behind" when everyone switches over to 64bit. (So I am being optimistic in hoping that won't be the case)

Cheers

James

Cool! First bite!

I'm about 1/3 the way through, I'll let you know how it's going.

Hi James. just downloaded your v0.1 :)

Just one minor suggestion,

I couldn't find any link in your readme or Installation Instructions.txt  file to

{just a reference to the downloads section of .org}

av-8218.jpg's  actual Checklister 1.1 plug-in.

It was no problem because I all ready have it on my machine, but some of your many viewers might not read all of Installation Instructions.txt and know where to look. ;)

Looking forward to v0.2 :)

cessna729.

edit:1

edit 2: Tried your v0.1 in both XP10.20b11 32 and 64bit, (in XP-32bit works no problem, in XP-64bit checklister 1.1 just dosn't load , which is as we expect, but it don't cause any problems by being there, it just gets logged as Error Code  = 193 in the Log.txt file).

Edited by cessna729

It was no problem because I all ready have it on my machine, but some of your many viewers might not read all of Installation Instructions.txt and know where to look. ;)

Hi cessna729,

Thanks for this, I have now updated the .zip file "Installation Instructions.txt" to include the direct link to the Checklister plugin.

Cheers

James