NORCAL Scenery Preview - January 16th, 2013

Cameron

A few shots showing off NORCAL in and around the Bishop/Mammoth area! 

This scenery spans a massive area and is honestly a dream to fly over. Having done multiple flights in and around the area (both GA and Airliner), this is the experience in X-Plane I have long awaited for! Great frame fates, wonderful colors, accurate placement, matched runways and taxiways, and hours of enjoyment in many directions!

Enjoy!

BISHOP_1.jpg

BISHOP_2.jpg

BISHOP_3.jpg

BISHOP_4.jpg

• Upvote 4

Yes. RealScenery is payware. You can find out more at realscenery.com or x-aviation.com. I'm not sure the underlying scenery matters for a VA though, as this is much different than your fleet. Kind of like custom sky colors; it has no affect on the actual flight or the aircraft I'm flying. As the owner/operator of your VA, you can certainly make these restrictions on your pilot staff though - your choice.

Yes. RealScenery is payware. You can find out more at realscenery.com or x-aviation.com. I'm not sure the underlying scenery matters for a VA though, as this is much different than your fleet. Kind of like custom sky colors; it has no affect on the actual flight or the aircraft I'm flying. As the owner/operator of your VA, you can certainly make these restrictions on your pilot staff though - your choice.

Well if you read my thread about my VA you will understand, but basicly I want all my members to be thread equally wether they are gay, lesbian, strait, bi...

Well if you read my thread about my VA you will understand, but basicly I want all my members to be thread equally wether they are gay, lesbian, strait, bi...

Patrik, I haven't read your thread on your VA (where's the thread?) ... but imposing the rule of what scenery one is 'allowed' to fly through is a dictatorial imposition I would think, considering that each of us experiences the suspension of disbelief uniquely within our own mind. So what if someone chooses to help this experience along with a selection of scenery ... only each of us sees our scenery no?

We can try to share this experience however it truly is unique to each of us (my green is not necessarily your green) ... and I fail to see how that would impact on the 'shared' part of the experience flying in a VA?

Real Scenery guys (and Cameron) ... the scenery is effing awesome!! I will be buying it as soon as I recover from Christmas bills!

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 1

don't the colors look a bit pale?

I don't believe so, no. Having grown up in and around this area myself, we ensured things we well "manicured." Perhaps your side of the world has different colors for this type of terrain, but barring winter season, this area is rather "dry." Please take note that atmospheric scattering is also on here, so X-Plane imposes some haze (which I like!).

I don't believe so, no. Having grown up in and around this area myself, we ensured things we well "manicured." Perhaps your side of the world has different colors for this type of terrain, but barring winter season, this area is rather "dry." Please take note that atmospheric scattering is also on here, so X-Plane imposes some haze (which I like!).

I concur. Familiar to the area and love what you guys have done! Credit card at the ready!!

And I will be buying as soon as it is out...  :)

NorCal + Oregon + Washington = awesome.

Above + SoCal + Arizona = dream.

Thanks for the nice comment!

Don't forget about the Reno/Carson City scenery either. This borders seamlessly to NorCal and includes over 3,700 sq mi (9500 sq km) of amazing scenery of these two cities, as well as the beautiful Nevada desert.