The definitive answers to all your CRJ-200 questions...Release Info and More

Cameron

To Intkomi:

there is a plugin for x-plane which translates the PSS navdata to x-plane format.

The only thing that you have to do is to download this data and copy.it in the plugin folder. YhatKd all and your Xplane is running with the latest navdata.

To Garette:

For folks who are flying online in Vatsim and Ivao, the AIRAC cycles are must have! The default Xplane data for some world reagion like Europe Asia and Oceania are really very old (only few main airports are updated but not the whole fix , star, sid, navradio data. Just for example for Easter Europe the data is more than 10 years old.

if you don't want to subscribe to Navigraph changes nothing to fly the CRJ because the aircraft will come with newer database than the actual X-Plane's one. I' m sure that you gonna enjoy this bird.:D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To Intkomi:

there is a plugin for x-plane which translates the PSS navdata to x-plane format.

The only thing that you have to do is to download this data and copy.it in the plugin folder. YhatKd all and your Xplane is running with the latest navdata.

From the Navigraph forum, please note the second sentence:

"Any copies of the Navigraph FMS Data other than for personal backup is illegal duplication of the data and against the terms of service you agreed to when charging credits. You may not re-parse or convert the data to any other form than what is provided on the Navigraph website.

If the data originating from our data provider is circulating outside of a license agreement this means that our data provider is not getting anything in return on distributing the data through Navigraph. This reasoning, taken to its extent, can lead to that the data provider decides to cancel our possibilities to get data from them since we are not able to control piracy and see to that our end of the license agreement we have with them is met. In short: Circumventing the license agreement, where possible, is not only unlawful, it is also counter productive as Navigraph serves to represent all flight simulator enthusiasts towards a larger enterprise that normally would not devote resources to make relatively small business with individuals.

This is the comment we have for now on whether convering to X-Plane format is a solution. We will return with further comments on the development for X-plane users a bit later on.

Regards

Magnus"

http://forum.navigraph.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=181

And according to most countries' copyright laws you can do whatever you want (including modify it as much as you want) with something you've purchased yourself as long as you do not distribute it.

To Intkomi:

"Any copies of the Navigraph FMS Data other than for personal backup is illegal duplication of the data and against the terms of service you agreed to when charging credits. You may not re-parse or convert the data to any other form than what is provided on the Navigraph website.

If the data originating from our data provider is circulating outside of a license agreement this means that our data provider is not getting anything in return on distributing the data through Navigraph. This reasoning, taken to its extent, can lead to that the data provider decides to cancel our possibilities to get data from them since we are not able to control piracy and see to that our end of the license agreement we have with them is met. In short: Circumventing the license agreement, where possible, is not only unlawful, it is also counter productive as Navigraph serves to represent all flight simulator enthusiasts towards a larger enterprise that normally would not devote resources to make relatively small business with individuals.

This is the comment we have for now on whether convering to X-Plane format is a solution. We will return with further comments on the development for X-plane users a bit later on.

Regards

Magnus"

Ah, So it's going to be different. I guess that's OK, but deep down I was hoping that UFMC and the CRJ would use the same data so I would not have to buy two AIRAC updates. Oh well. What's a few euro in the long run.

Thanks for the answers!

Hi, Joe,

Navigraph AIRAC purchases are cycle specific, not product specific. In other words, if you buy the latest cycle in PSS format, you're also allowed to download it in ALL the other formats free of charge as long as they are the same cycle of data you purchased.

To Intkomi:

Regards

Magnus"

Hobofot, I think that Cameron answered above. I hope that there is no misunderstanding.

As Far as I know the AIRAC cyles from Navigraph are not product related (not talking about functionlity but selling).

As well I never talked about multiples copies. I was talking for a plugin which support PSS format.

::D Sorry for my english, maybe it's my fault....

Hobofot, I think that Cameron answered above. I hope that there is no misunderstanding.

As Far as I know the AIRAC cyles from Navigraph are not product related (not talking about functionlity but selling).

As well I never talked about multiples copies. I was talking for a plugin which support PSS format.

::D Sorry for my english, maybe it's my fault....

No worries, I wasn't trying to be critical, just point out that navigraph specifically states that they do not want people converting or re-parsing the data from the formats supplied for products which Navigraph does not as of now support, (i.e. taking PSS data and converting it for use in X-Plane, since Navigraph does not yet officially support any X-Plane products, which of course will soon change).

In general I agree with the other poster that the legitimate subscriber may modify products s/he has purchased for personal use only (without intent to distribute), that this is within the copyright laws of most countries.  I did feel it necessary to point out the "official" word from Navigraph however so each X-Plane user who is contemplating using Navigraph's PSS data to replace X-Plane's default data may make an informed decision.

Ok.. I will try to clear some things.

In CRJ's FMS we will be using Navigrath navigation data base for everything (NDB, VOR, VOR/DME, ILS, FIX, AIRWAYS, SID, STAR etc.). It won't be in anyway connected with X-Plane navdata.

If someone don't want the autopilot to fly the SID or STAR... than you can just select the SID or STAR you need to fly. This way FMS will automaticaly turn your radios to the nearest VORs so you can pay more attention to flying than tunning the radios(and on final it will automaticaly tune the ILS frequency and set the coure for the runway)... It will draw the SID or STAR on MFD, so you can monitor your fly... flight director will be showing what you have to do to perform the SID or STAR...

and so on...

So if someone want to do it manually, than do it... but remember about RNAV approaches, some of them you can't perform without FMS...

That's why we decided to choose AIRAC, because with default navdata it's impossible to make this plane as real as possible.

I'm from melbourne too. to be specific Mt.Eliza on the mornington peninsula. I saw your youtube videos. I have flown over phillip island before in a C172 and those ground textures in your video look very realistic and almost like the real thing. Please tell me how you get them! yes phillip island is very nice we use to go there for school camps. only downside is that there are lots of seals that bring great whites ;D. Anyway about the CRJ, it is amazing and I have been checking this sight everyday for announcements since I found out about the project in october. Also did you get round to doing a HUD like for the javellin it would be very nice but its just more things to go wrong. ???

I'm from melbourne too. to be specific Mt.Eliza on the mornington peninsula. I saw your youtube videos. I have flown over phillip island before in a C172 and those ground textures in your video look very realistic and almost like the real thing. Please tell me how you get them! yes phillip island is very nice we use to go there for school camps. only downside is that there are lots of seals that bring great whites ;D. Anyway about the CRJ, it is amazing and I have been checking this sight everyday for announcements since I found out about the project in october. Also did you get round to doing a HUD like for the javellin it would be very nice but its just more things to go wrong. ???

Hi Andy, sorry this Simon from Melbourne has nothing to do with the CRJ -  other than being a loyal fan of Javier's, I've posted quite a few vids of his beauties on Youtube. Thanks for watching my videos! Yes the latest release of "G2XPL" I used to suck in the scenery I've really got humming, the phillip island textures are incredible.

Your post has reminded me I haven't done a Javvy (Javelin that is) video for awhile, so I just spent a cupla of hours now flying and a quick edit, to post another vid on this forum, yet another tribute to our genius javier. I'm quite happy with it, considering the quick edit. Javier's taught me to be ruthless in my editing nowadays, never over 4 minutes eh!! Will post when Mr Youtube does his work...Check here in about 90 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/id5556

• 3 months later...

Hello !

Will the CRJ work on Mac or is it Windows only?

On page 2 in this topic you can read this:

Unlike the UFMC, we are going to be working with Navigraph for our own custom format, and as such, will do everything we can to make this Mac and Linux friendly.

:)

Happy flying.