KBLI: Upcoming Scenery

Colin S

Finally I'm getting my scenery building operation back on its feet (for the fourth time in one year). I've going to completely stop promising anything, unless I'm a great deal into it already. Period. End of story. Anyways, I started working with the Lego Bricks stuff... and wow do I ever love that... a lot! it's great! So, I decided, "I should build an airport that I'm familiar with but someone might actually want." I wanted to combine the Lego Bricks with Orthophotos, so KBLI was ideal with some decent resolution orthos available from your friendly federal government on a public domain license. I have only one picture so far, and it really shows nothing. I want to make this airport not only look real but also feel real, because I've spent more time around airports recently and I realized how dead X-Plane airports feel sometimes. Happy 2013!

tumblr_mfzk1d0ezA1s2oqxno1_1280.png

• Upvote 1

There's an existing KBLI from RoyalOak for v9.

Ive had good success in allowing derivation rights form him. (NZCH is a good example)

You could use his objects to help 'flush out' the scenery as well. Just a thought.

If you are referring to the copy available on X-Plane.org I would like to remind you that (1) I am banned from that community and also (2) I'm creating this one because the one that I did download from X-Plane.org felt a bit old, sort of v9.30 standard level stuff. I want to create something new, and even if there is an existing version I want to get my skills up but still be slightly useful (it's sort of like saying "but CYVR has already been built by Inside Passage" when I say it's my eternal goal, it's just not modern or current).

Thanks for the heads up though!

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...