incompatibility with Saitek Panels

Belga

Ok, for the 1.02 version of the plane I have included two yoke menus where the people can deactivate the radios and altitude selection with plugin and can manage them with hardware radios. 

Also I have included another yoke menu to make possible assign joystick axis inside the Jetstream once loaded. But still will be necesary to exit from another plane if people don't want loose mixture and propeller assignations.

Javier/All,

If there's anything we can do to help, let us know. I've been reading about the X-Plane SDK and it doesn't seem to complicated (if you're a programmer anyway). 

Thanks for all the hard work, I know at least two Jetstream owners with Saitek hardware. :)

P.S.:  Javier, I've lived in Spain for a few years and when I moved back to the states I donated all my hardware to a friend… if I would have known that you didn't have them, I would have sent them to you! :(

No problem.. I think I have solved the situation. Hope so! In my MCP combo2 I can control the standby radios.. but not the swap to make then active. This is not a problem of the Jetstream because I have same issue with default planes so I believe it is something of the drivers. I have tested over xplane9 with that. Not xplane10.. but I made changes in dataref editor in xplane10 and before 1.02 it didn't let me change the values. Now yes.

I'm very happy and thrilled to hear about the progress!

jRollon, you're my hero !!!

If you need help testing on compatibility issues, let me know.

I use the :

• Saitek Radio Panels (Com1 / Com2 / Nav1 / Nav2 /ADF / DME / XPDR)

• Saitek Multi Panel (Autopilot Panel / AutoThrottle / Flaps control / Elevator Trim )

• Saitek Switch Panel (Cowl / Magnetos / Starter / Batteries / Light controls / De-Ice / Landing Gear)

• Precision Flight Controls (SERIAL professional Flight Control Console with integrated Yoke)

• Precision Flight Controls (SERIAL professional Rudder Pedals)

• Precision Flight Controls (SERIAL professional Throttle Quadrant)

• Teensy Arduino Controller for the instruments and displays

• Pokeys Controller for the remainder of the hundreds of switches, controls and displays
P.S.

Would it be possible to do the same modification for the Mentor Radio's ?

Your planes are just awesome! Keep up the good work.

Marc

Edited by Belga

jRollon, you're my hero !!!

I use the :

• Saitek Radio Panels (Com1 / Com2 / Nav1 / Nav2  /ADF / DME / XPDR)
  • Saitek Multi Panel (Autopilot Panel / AutoThrottle / Flaps control / Elevator Trim )
  • Saitek Switch Panel (Cowl / Magnetos / Starter / Batteries / Light controls / De-Ice / Landing Gear)
  • Precision Flight Controls (SERIAL professional Flight Control with integrated Yoke)
  • Precision Flight Controls (SERIAL professional Rudder Pedals)
  • Teensy Arduino Controller for the instruments and displays
  • Pokeys Controller for the remainder of the hundreds of switches, controls and displays

Hay Marc, you must some "hard-core" simmer? bet all that good kit must have cost a "pretty penny"?

cessna729.

Thanks jRollon

To Cessna729

Some of the equipment I bought used.

The expensive Precision Flight Controls are the older Serial version but work flawlessly in xPlane 10  (win7).

The challenge was to find a compatible Serial Card as new PC's no longer come with serial ports.

The Pokeys interface costs only 50 Euro and can control 55 inputs / 55 outputs and a slew of LCD displays (no programming needed). I wrote a tutorial on its use on the "other" forum.

The Teensy controller has ($24) can control 46 inputs /outputs and a bunch of LCD displays (but you need knowledge of Andruino programming). I wrote a tutorial on its use.

I do not consider myself an expert pilot but enjoy building the cockpits.

I just purchased a REAL WWII twin engine Aircraft fuselage and cockpit which I will integrate the controls with xPlane. (my wife isn't too happy...)

By the way, jRollon's planes are fully compatible with my hardware with the following notes:

CRJ200 no problems

Mentor (jRollon will fix radio's in the near future) but all other controls work fine.

Jetstream (jRollon is ready to release a fix) all other controls work fine. Not every SAITEK autopilot function works as predicted as the Jetsream has a more sophisticated system

Marc.

Edited by Belga

the only hardware I have (that is enough for me) is the magnificent VRInsight MCP boeing combo2. I made it work with this new update.. but I cannot swap frequencies. But this is not a problem of the jetstream.. is something every plane I have in xplane. I don't know how to fix it for me, because I would like to make active the frequencies that I had tuned before in pasive one. I installed the XPFUIPC but don't work the change.

• Upvote 1

Marc, a friend of mine purchased a Cessna 172 cockpit/fuselage from a salvage yard and got the real flight controls from the airplane working in X-Plane, even the original trim mechanism. It's a sickness, to be sure :)

Here's a video of his cockpit: 

The panel itself is pretty simple, as you can see, he doesn't have standalone instruments yet.

• 4 months later...

I have the JRollon Jetstream 32 and solved the problem with the Saitek panels by deleting the 'Plugins' folder that comes with the J32. This solution works for me because I use the forward only view in X-Plane - ie the cockpit instrument panel is not displayed on the screen, and I have the minimum necessary physical hardware in my 'real' cockpit. Many of the custom controls for this aircraft are not available this way, but I don't miss them, and it flies really nicely.

I have the JRollon Jetstream 32 and solved the problem with the Saitek panels by deleting the 'Plugins' folder that comes with the J32. This solution works for me because I use the forward only view in X-Plane - ie the cockpit instrument panel is not displayed on the screen, and I have the minimum necessary physical hardware in my 'real' cockpit. Many of the custom controls for this aircraft are not available this way, but I don't miss them, and it flies really nicely.

Doing that defeats the purpose...

I think I am one of the lucky ones.

After Javier implemented the yoke menu to deactivate the radios and altitude selection, all Saitek panels work fine, namely the most important ones as radio and autopilot.

Better yet,  my Reality XP GNS 530 works like a charm with JS32.

Dropping the wing and excessive torque discussed here many times is not a problem, I  set ailerons trim to two notches to the left on take of and  use 80%  engine power ( or a bit less, I do not remember exactly now) and take off feels great.

After spending some time flying JS32 it became my favorite X-Plane aircraft.

Losing the mixture and prop  in case of the "wrong" X-Plane exit is not a big deal, the worst case scenario I load other default plane and assign pitch and mixture ( 2 clicks) , no calibration needed.

Javier and Cameron, thank you again from a VERY HAPPY user.

Cheers, AJ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...