Three things.

crs

Hi,

At first - lovely plane, do not regret any penny spent on it.

But have to things to announce/ask for.

1) How do you stop that thing on runway after touch down? Breaks on, speed brakes on but still, killing speed so slowly that Heathrow's runway is not long enough. Didn't find any reversers. So, how to stop it? :)

2) Frequency selector - I couldn't find with mouse a spot where could I decrease values on bigger knob. Inner one works fine, both of them., name it left and right. On bigger (outer) one there is only right one (to increase values).

3) Below main display (engines, fuel, fail) should be buttons to switch between the views. I saw them once, somehow, but only once. I can still click on the areas where those buttons should be, but I can't see them. The only one which is always present and visible is Fail button.

I am using 9.41 at the moment.

PS. Great work!

Kind regards,

Kamil.

OK, I think point 3 is being caused by a little ghosty thing which hangs behind yoke. is about triangle in shape, as I can't see the thing itself, just a area which is being covered by it. so if I move to the side and look at instruments from a big angle I can see those buttons I was talking about. What is that thing?

Kind regards,

Kamil.

Well first of all I would say to you that update if it possible to 9.44. The plane is working on last version of x-plane.

About questions:

1) you should be able to stop the plane on a short airfield and of course on Heathrow!!! First of all never exceed the final speed 150 knots. Then put airbrake (you have to map the function to a joystick button) and apply landing gears brakes. You will land it. Also it is a good manouver to land with the rear gears only and "show" the wing all the fusselage and wings to stop it.

2) Yes.. there it is not too much confortable to manage the radios. I have a hardware radio stuff so I never have those problems but for those that don't have it, I made several view points predefined for Pilot view plugin. If you switch to the F3 view then you will be closer to the radio and you would be able to manage it better.

But after the release of the CRJ I will change the way you tune radios with manipulators.

3) you are right once more time. I have to delete that ghost stuff. It was for testing. Ok.. a minute...............

ok.. here you have:

http://www.jrollon.com/ATGJavelin_cockpit.rar

I have delete that ghost stuff and also made the tune radios knob selector bigger to make it more confortable. Still not the same as a manipulator.. but now you will be able to chose big rotates plus and minus.

Hi CRS!

I had very same problem as yours about breaking once landed.

The brakes wern't working at all even if in 3D cockpit you see that they are acting (pushing down).

Put at lest XP v9.43 and look what's happening.

If doesn't help, try to delete some plugins (or just move them to Disable plugin folder).

For me that help and everything is fine and I really enjoy the Javelin (thanks Javier :).

The only neg point is that I can't use UFMC with this aircraft (SID,STAR purposes when flying IVAO) but since the gauges readibility is so fine i perform the procedures using charts without any problems.

Enjoy this bird!

Niko

Hi,

Yes I did. Now I updated to 9.45, no plugins enabled at all, still having troubles to break. It seems to not work at all. x737 for example even with no speed breaks and reversers is able to stop just using breaks. Very weird.

Any help?

Kind regards,

Kamil.

do the pedals move if you apply the brakes?

What I have found.. is that maybe you don't have plugins.. but you put another aircraft that it has.. fly before with it.. and then later it continues to have that plugin that affect the brakes.

What I know is that the problem is not on the Javelin.. is in your configuration.. but we have to find it how to solve it.

Ok.. download the demo. Install in other place.. and put the javelin in that demo. See what happens.

Javier,

Do you remember,  I has exactely the same problem.

It has been solved after deleting some old aircrafts and their plugins.

Unfortunately i don't know whichone exactely and I don't want to give product names if I'm not 100% sure that they are the issue.

It will not be correct regarding their creators.

At that time I also tryed to disable the plugins without anyresults, so I've delete hem from my system and than it was ok.

So even if "crs" disable them, it will not repair the brakes issue, he has to delete them completely.....

Hi there,

Finally today I managed to look into the problem. I have realised that one of those two files: X-Plane-BINARY.prf  or X-Plane.prf are causing problems with breaking after touch down.

Deleting those files and reconfiguring x-plane fixes the problem. Thanks for all the support. It is so nice now to taxi away from runway. :)

Kind regards,

Kamil.

Hi once again,

Sorry for bothering you. I have just tried to load saved flight plan and it seems like LD and SV buttons are not clickable at all.

Is it once again just me?

Kind regards,

Kamil

It's not just you: happened with the latest update. Already emailed Javier about it. He said the fix is non-trivial and will have to wait until the next versoin.