Boeing b-29 superfortress

Flying_pig

Ok, + of 1.100.000 polygons.

Not I understand why You wrote:

"If you look at the elevator you can see what a elevator (or an exterior part) should look like in wire frame mode, (poly wise) otherwise this does look amazing."

enclosing a picture on working with polygons

on my work of MD 80.

The whole outer part of my model (MD 80) fuselage, wings, all surfaces of control, all windows, all doors, the stairs, all nose landing gear, all main landing gear right and left,

all antennas etc., the polygon count is approximately 450.000.

I will use more or less the same number for the rest (cockpit and cabin passengers).

Regards

Parsec

All I was trying to say there was that you only need 64 polygons to make a smooth cylinder and it looked like you were using 128 also if you load up everything on the B-29 right now it adds up to be around 1,250,100 polygons including old un-polygon optimized areas and things i need to delete as well as the fact that some things have subdivision surfaces that are not applied yet so i can easily control that number to make it lower or higher

Also if memory serves me right It would be pretty impressive if you managed to make the entire interior of a md-80 with 450,000 poly's

I would also like to point out that there may be a typo in that post i had to assume that the "not I" was supposed to be "now I" or "I do not" as otherwise the sentence made no sense

• 2 weeks later...

All I was trying to say there was that you only need 64 polygons to make a smooth cylinder and it looked like you were using 128 also if you load up everything on the B-29 right now it adds up to be around 1,250,100 polygons including old un-polygon optimized areas and things i need to delete as well as the fact that some things have subdivision surfaces that are not applied yet so i can easily control that number to make it lower or higher

Also if memory serves me right It would be pretty impressive if you managed to make the entire interior of a md-80 with 450,000 poly's

I would also like to point out that there may be a typo in that post i had to assume that the "not I" was supposed to be "now I" or "I do not" as otherwise the sentence made no sense

I like to use 72 polygons (on the fokker which i worked on, i used 72, as well as on the tupolev 214) because it sets an easy number of degrees per vertex

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added some of the cords and vents as well as reduced the size of the engineers station and added a few more miscellaneous things

976219_274118619400114_1053729649_o.jpg

964265_274118616066781_1007524891_o.jpg

and here's a really nice looking external render i managed to get

981929_267789616699681_327387288_o.jpg

and just for the lolz here's one of the first shots ever of the b-29 for comparison

537727_176580732487237_609169281_n.jpg

Edited by mj12345
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...