[SOLVED] KLN 90B integration

If someone explain me how to do it without touching anything of code I will do. Of course. I mean.. it has to have 3D representation. If I can put the screens in the panel.png.. and gives me the commands to insert in the 3D knobs.. I could do it.

Hi Javier you might find some info about integrating the KNL90B here, and an excerpt from the manual is quoted below: (I don't know if the links are up to date, but worth a try). :)

Dennis Prüfer, a.k.a. "Falcon" said:

KLN90B Credits

A big thank you to Theo Gregory, who created the background textures for the KLN 90B and the MD41! Theo Gregory is part of the Leading Edge team, check out his products on X-Aviation:

A second big thank you to Javier Cortés, he provided much help and is a good friend of mine. Check out his FMC at EADT:

Another big thank you to Alexander Babichev (asso), author of SASL!

A final thank you to Benedikt Stratmann, founder of EADT and author of the great x737: http://www.eadt.eu/

If you want to share the EADT KLN 90B or parts of it, modified or unmodified, please ask me for permission first.

If you are an aircraft author and you want to include the EADT KLN 90B in your aircraft, please ask me for permission.

You can contact me at x-plane.org, my username is “Falcon”. Or you may send a mail to dennis@xplanefreeware.net.

d7b4f288456c323ab30fac2079fbf718.jpg

You can also keep the KNL90B uptodate with Navigraph or Aerosoft NDP data that inculdes SIDS/STARS/APPR, personally I'm just happy to fly the BAE-32 with VOR/NDB and a compass!!! (old-School!!! B) ).

cessna729.

Update 2 : To do to get the KLN90B to work in X-Plane 64 bit was to remove the original xap folder installed with the KLN90B with a 64 bit version (I downloaded from here http://forums.x-plan...2#entry753304).)

Edited by cessna729
  • Upvote 3

That's what i'm talking about, Javier. Full 3D instrument.

Out of curiosity, what do you need to integrate it into JS31? Datarefs that you can bind to the model knobs/buttons?

It's been some time since i spent couple of hours in Blender, XPLM & OBJ specification, getting to know how it all works behind the scenes in X-Plane.

KLN90B was written in SASL (Lua) and since it's plain script, i think it should be possible to modify it to suit your particular needs (author permitting).

Me thinks it should even be possible to rewrite it from scratch using native C/C++ & pure XPLM (32/64 bit). Would take some time, though.

Edited by niebieski

Yes.. I would need the datarefs-commands to activate the functions.. to make them in my geometry.. and then the posibility to give some coordinates or whatever to match the screen inside planemaker (panel.png) to the instrument, so it would show in 3D.

If possible.. this would take time.. of course. Don't think something fast. First thing is rest the most possible!!

• Upvote 1

I have an asnwer already. Saddly stil the 3D integration is not possible to make.. but people can make already the integration in 2D. What I don't know is if they need the 2D panel they won't be able because I hide that one. But there are posible solutions.. so if you wish to integrate in 2D Download it and if  you don't see it in the plane I can tell you how you could see the 2D panel.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

I have an asnwer already. Saddly stil the 3D integration is not possible to make.. but people can make already the integration in 2D. What I don't know is if they need the 2D panel they won't be able because I hide that one. But there are posible solutions.. so if you wish to integrate in 2D Download it and if  you don't see it in the plane I can tell you how you could see the 2D panel.

Hi,

we have done KLN 3D integration. Can we post our work here and at .org?

post-13242-0-78819100-1380313463_thumb.j

• Upvote 7

Finally a nice and plausible GPS for this plane.

May be too early to thanks you, as for now it’s for your own usage.

Is it only a teasing? A WIP?

Will it come with an installer? For free, or as a pay ware add-on of an add-on plane?

Any way, I appreciate your video of a shared cockpit with the 3D GPS on the .org.

Regards.

Claude

Edited by birdy.dma

Finally a nice and plausible GPS for this plane.

May be too early to thanks you, as for now it’s for your own usage.

Is it only a teasing? A WIP?

Will it come with an installer? For free, or as a pay ware add-on of an add-on plane?

Any way, I appreciate your video of a shared cockpit with the 3D GPS on the .org.

Regards.

Claude

It's should be always for free.. We need only permissions from JRollan as Jetstream addon..

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me no problem. Always share that modification for free, to let all the users use it. Of course! No problem! :)

Of course let know the users in a text file, that they must preserve the original files in case something goes wrong.

Edited by Japo32
  • Upvote 3