[SOLVED] KLN 90B integration

Here you can try 3D KLN Update Pack for JS32.

Please read included PDF.

http://xsmart-plane.com/3d-kln90b/

Thank you!

Just one important remark:

The KLN90B includes the "xap" plugin which is an extremly old version of SASL. Anybody who wants to use the KLN90B should delete the "xap" folder and instead put a recent SASL 2.0 there (for example by copying the "sasl" folder from the "plugins" folder of one of the recent Carenado planes; DRM-protected SASL versions won't work). Otherwise, you will experience SASL crashes in 64 bit mode.

As SASL (in the non-DRM version) is Open Source, a SASL 2.0 could even be included in your integration package.

Okay, after installing and trying to load the airplane with my Jetstream copy (v1.3, bought at X-Aviation), the plane does not load.

It tells me an airfoil file (NACA 63_3_-418.afl) could not be found.

I checked the airfoil files in the Jetstream folder, and it indeed is not there. But this is the case also for the unmodified Jetstream, which loads perfectly fine.

The airfoils I have in the airfoil folder are

NACA 16 (good propeller).afl

NACA63A412.afl

NACA63A418.afl

Is your modified .acf file compatible with all versions of the Jetstream 32 by all vendors, or just with a specific one?

Edit:

I have opened both the unmodified and the modified .acf in a texteditor and found the place where the missing airfoil names are included:

post-6607-0-08254000-1381409369_thumb.jp

Now trying to simply correct the names so they match the original .acf.

Because I guess your KLN modification should not change anything regarding the flightmodel.

I'll report if it works.

Edit 2: Okay, works after correcting the airfoil names! :D

I had to correct it at 2 places in the .acf file (at P _wing/8 and P _wing/9).

post-6607-0-25594500-1381409813_thumb.jp

Edited by Mario Donick
  • Upvote 1

Okay, after installing and trying to load the airplane with my Jetstream copy (v1.3, bought at X-Aviation), the plane does not load....

Yeah thx thats my fault...

It`s would be very nice if Javier could modify those all files to a better state.

Because i Just used a big hammer to install device :) I couldnt remove default GPS unit. and as i can remember it was ver 1.1.

So I think Javier could install it more accurately because he has all sources

We just show the possibility....

Edited by CheAG_Slava

Yeah thx thats my fault...

It`s would be very nice if Javier could modify those all files to a better state.

Because i Just used a big hammer to install device :) I couldnt remove default GPS unit. and as i can remember it was ver 1.1.

So I think Javier could install it more accurately because he has all sources

We just show the possibility....

I think it's not really a fault, but a question of different versions of the original .acf file.

The airfoils referenced by the file you provide are different that those referenced by the original .acf file of the Jetstream v1.3 available at X-Aviation.

Which Jetstream was the basis for your modifications, i.e. where did you buy the aircraft? Maybe the .org version is different than the X-Aviation version, or maybe you made your changes with v1.0, 1.1 or 1.2, or maybe your X-Plane version is different?

OR maybe your .acf file got corrupted somehow, and these airfoil references are wrong by accident.

I ask all these questions because it would be great if your download included a correct .acf file :) But maybe it _is_ correct, but just for a different version of the aircraft.

Edit: I see now you said it was 1.1 you used. Maybe Javier can confirm if the airfoil file names had changed inbetween. So users of later versions would need an adjusted .acf file.

Edited by Mario Donick

I think it's not really a fault, but a question of different versions of the original .acf file..

Just checked and thats my fault....I steel use ver 1.01

Will update soon.

Anyway it would be nice if there will be some kind of animation that hide default GPS.

If needed I can send to Javier 3D Model of KLN .max or 3DS

Edited by CheAG_Slava

I've been trying to get my little lua scripts to work with the J32 since I've purchased it with no success. If you change the sasl plug your scripts will run but Jrollan's code gets broke. I'm just guessing but unless the master steps in I think you're beating your head up against the wall.... the xFmc works great as a navigation tool and a lot less troublesome.. However, I would love to get my scripts to work:)

this is a cross post from the.........ooorrrgg...

I posted in the wrong place:\

I've been trying to get my little lua scripts to work with the J32 since I've purchased it with no success. If you change the sasl plug your scripts will run but Jrollan's code gets broke. I'm just guessing but unless the master steps in I think you're beating your head up against the wall.... the xFmc works great as a navigation tool and a lot less troublesome.. However, I would love to get my scripts to work:)

this is a cross post from the.........ooorrrgg...
I posted in the wrong place:\

Look here http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=51731&page=12#entry769556

Edited by Rhard

Look here http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=51731&page=12#entry769556

What do you mean here? KLN is one of the ever best written tools for X-Plane. I have revised its code and can only imagine how many hours and effort it costs to program such device.. especially using LUA.

We need to be happy that it is free.. For me there is no competition to xFMS. 

And of course it works in 3D and takes his place in cockpit. As well as for Baron B58, An-24, Yak-40..  

I was speaking about the J32's plugin. Something in there that keeps user lua scripts from running. Not just yours, cheers

The JS32 on the org. does not have the incompatibility with the sasl plugin as the earlier one did. Don't know when it was changed but don't care. I verified it was the new acf. by decompressing the original flight model and it was uncontrollable like before. Replaced it with the new and all back to level flight. No planemaker edits to the flight model, so if anyones having this problem download a fresh copy. Thanks to ephendi for getting me to try this one more time, I'd about given up.

• 3 weeks later...

Rhard,

Is this KLN 90B integration only valid for the XP10 version of the JS32?  I ask because I am flying the JS32 in XP9.70 and have tried installing this as per the .pdf instructions and overwriting the original files but I get the standard XP unable to open aircraft message and get bounced to the default plane.  I have read through a couple of threads but can't find anything which indicates this XP10 only, however there is only one .acf file included in the package which leads me to think us poor XP9 users can't enjoy this add-on. 

Thanks,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Edit: Got it! Just include the KLN90B.obj file into the jetstrem32.acf file with Plane Maker under Misc Objects. Furthermore, copy the Plugin Files (doc and xap) into the J32 plugin folder. Then you're good to go under X Plane 9.

I have a question, I have to do that only or I must follow more instructions to make the KLN90B works in 3D cockpit in XP9?