Misc WIP Shots

chris k

Well I understand, but is it worth moaning on and on about then?

Unfortunately XP9 is being looked at less and less because of the features of XP10, so you cannot expect to get everything - in this case orthos

Edited by Orcair

Well I understand, but is it worth moaning on and on about then?

Let's forget my request.....and continue the progress updates...

XP9 already has little to no support from add-on developers, unlike FS9-ers there are still quite a few people still developing for FS9 and FSX...

But then you would say something like...This is X-Plane not MSFS, so forget it. :)

People still don't understand....no point purchasing something that is useless on my laptop, (1) i don't have and never will have a good desktop to run XP-10, and people still tell me to buy XP-10 and assemble a good desktop. Never will happen, why? (2) Ask my achievement-centered parents....

1. Never is a pretty strong term.  Will you ever move out of your parents home when you get older?

2. Put them on the line then...

XP9 already has little to no support from add-on developers, unlike FS9-ers there are still quite a few people still developing for FS9 and FSX...

Given #1 above, why are you still here grousing about it?

Never: I was just expressing how hard it is for me to get good hardware for running XP-10 , if you are so interested in talking to my parents then you should come to Hong Kong, Ill show you around for a bit then take you to my parents. :D

Secondly, Fs9 is just an example of continued support for old software.

Thirdly, if you want to talk about this, then rake it to the PM before Cameron goes around the corner reminding us....

1.  I get to Hong Kong once or twice a year on average.  Perhaps the next time I'm in town, we'll make arrangements to hook up.  Talking to your parents about this won't be the top priority, though.  There's plenty to do in HK.   ;)

2.  That point has been made countless times in countless blogs and forums.  Add-on support for different X-Plane versions is what it is and, for better or worse, solely the discretion of the add-on developers.  After all, it's their effort and time.

3.  I'm just excited about Chris's work on Toronto and look forward to reading about its progress.  Let's call it quits on this, okay?   :)

732_91.jpg

Toronto Infield Terminal, Autogate 1.40, Ambient spill HDR Lighting, Custom Tarmac.

Took a while to get it right! ;) Still need a quick photoshop job to remove some artifacts; but thought Id share this nice Night-Lighting scene.

- CK.

Edited by chris k
  • Upvote 8

Holy Crap...I thought I was looking at a real photo of the infield terminal for a second there!! Amazing, and I mean AMAZING work! You are making me want it sooooo much now! Thanks for keeping us updated (and wanting it) You and your team are amazing, chris k!

-Chuck2: WED/PlaneMaker Flunkie

PS. Perhaps you can make a YYC scenery like this... JK-I know you have other sceneries to work on, and you have a life..But just a thought B)  ;)

Edited by Chuck2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ive been on hiatus for the past month, taking a break from all things X-Plane related (heh) -

However, I have returned to doing some work on CYYZ. Still much more to do - I want to push a beta out soon for those who enjoy this sort of thing.

-

CYTZ and the Downtown area are coming along nicely

We've got our scenery inter-weaved with Jacques' Toronto Skyline Package buildings properly now (you load both his and ours - DSF Overlays take care of the rest)

cytz.jpg

cytz2.jpg

click for larger images.

Just a sample of the hard work happening behind the scenes. CDN (ed) Is busy beavering away on Ontario Place, I've been working on the Christie Spit area, as well as tweaking the orthos for better colour correction.

The GTA is not a trivial area to model properly! :)

- CK.

Edited by chris k
  • Upvote 5