Misc WIP Shots

chris k

• 3 weeks later...

Tenacious Tedious Tracing of Taxiways... but worth it. (Say that 10 times fast).

Baron_58_4.jpeg

Autogate 1.40 w/Lit Textures - All gates will be Autogate-capable. Already have replaced the "FSX" static displays with Marginal's new fully-functional DGS placards. Yep - they work.

732_56.jpeg

732_57.jpeg

Magic HDR Lighting - Thanks to Ropeless for his initial template for how to achieve specific "magic" lighting effects w/custom HDR light defintions. (YTep - those are indeed true 3D spill lights, in addition to the built-in XP10 library lights - The combined effect of lib+custom HDR is spectacular):

732_58.jpeg

Can someone change the name of this thread to "CYYZ Toronto Development WIP Shots"?

- Ck.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha. Thanks scuba.

Chuck - this is an absolutely huge airport. Heh YSSY comparable, if not larger by a significant fraction. In conparison Sydney was 6+ months as I recall This will take a comparable ammount of time, if not moreso.

We also have a few other projects on the go in parallel / simultaneously with this one. It'll be a toss up as to which one will get finished first, depending on resourcing. (hah, now I sound like a project manager ). ;)

We will keep the community posted as we progress. There's a lot if things we wish to do with an overall Toronto-area GTA scenery that are still in planning phases. The airport will simply be the centrepiece of a larger, more comprehensive scenery package as we're envisioning it upon release.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update! I didn't realize that YSSY took 6mos. WOW! But surely it was worth it in the end and for sure YYZ will be too! I'm really looking forward to release! All of Toronto will be awesome! I would even be satisfied with just the airport as it stands now! Keep up the amazing work!

ps. Maybe for an upcoming project (time allowing) (subject to your approval) you could do a comprehensive Calgary YYC Scenery!?

Cheers, 

Chuck2

This thread just blew my mind. UN-Friggin-Believable! WOW!

I fly out of Buttonville in RL and I can't believe how amazing this and all of Toronto looks!

If you guys won't charge people for this (you're insane not to!), I'll have to buy you guys a beer (or 10, or Timmies during some plane spotting at Dixie! ). This is absolutely amazing.

BTW, are there plans to include the North Charter ramp?  nm. I saw the buildings for the Landmark Aviation - NICE!

Edited by Nickio

Wow I was hoping Pearson was getting worked on somewhere, of course 'til I saw this I could only imagine...

This is going to be the best!!! Obviously a labour of love; can't thank you and the team enough!

btw thanks for the note on an update for city centre which is gonna be beautiful - consider me one lucky Toronto X-Plane tenner!

• 3 weeks later...

Any new pictures? Every time I go back in this topic, it makes me want it to be released more and more! Once this scenery is released, it will most likely be the only airport I use! Keep up the good AWESOME work chris k!

On hold this week as we finish up another project for release "Real Soon Now[tm]".

It'll get hot again during March as we push out and release a few others we have "in the queue". I do give CYYZ at least a few hours every week if work (as Colin S knows - its 99% taxiway work to line them up with the orthophotos ;).

Note that we expect to release this in conjunction with a larger more comprehensive "Golden Horseshoe" GTA scenery which will include surrounding airfields and environs.

- CK.

Sounds good! Thanks for putting up with me in the forum, as im the rather impatient one :) It's great to hear that you have some projects that are also up and coming! Those will keep me occupied while waiting for YYZ! I'm sure glad the X-Plane community has people like you!

-Cheers,

Chuck2