Beech Duchess rolling

eomer

I just flew the Duchess in V10.11 and it does indeed rock back and forth as previously described.  I climbed a little then engaged the AP.  I made a turn with the heading bug and once the plane was stabilized on course, the plane rocked gently back and forth.  Here's a crappy video of what I am seeing:

http://s892.beta.photobucket.com/user/winslowphoto/media/LES_Duchess_1.mp4.html

and my log.txt

Log.txt

Edited by steven winslow

• 2 months later...

Sorry to point out that it doesn't fly good at all. Or better, under XP9 it flies quite well, but under XP10.10r3 it flies... horribly. With or without A/P it simply doesn't keep heading and roll steady. Even in manual, that is, it's almost uncontrollable. Sorry, but although I have version 1.2 since the start I cannot use it. Just yesterday evening I attempted a land and I crashed at the side of the runway with the aircraft destroyed because of Structure Over-G...

I certainly am not the perfect pilot, but I am flying in X-Plane since version 7.6, so I guess I can say that this aircraft is behaving strangely to say the least. It's a pity, since I love it and I find this creature particularly beautiful, expecially as for the textures!

Hope you can help us. I am not even complaining that I have paid for it (I bought it along with LES DC-3 in november 2012), I am only sad to announce that I cannot use it anymore.

If something could be done in this sense by the developers, I'd love it.

Thank you very much.

Sorry to point out that it doesn't fly good at all. Or better, under XP9 it flies quite well, but under XP10.10r3 it flies... horribly. With or without A/P it simply doesn't keep heading and roll steady. Even in manual, that is, it's almost uncontrollable. Sorry, but although I have version 1.2 since the start I cannot use it. Just yesterday evening I attempted a land and I crashed at the side of the runway with the aircraft destroyed because of Structure Over-G...

I certainly am not the perfect pilot, but I am flying in X-Plane since version 7.6, so I guess I can say that this aircraft is behaving strangely to say the least. It's a pity, since I love it and I find this creature particularly beautiful, expecially as for the textures!

Hope you can help us. I am not even complaining that I have paid for it (I bought it along with LES DC-3 in november 2012), I am only sad to announce that I cannot use it anymore.

If something could be done in this sense by the developers, I'd love it.

Thank you very much.

OS X 10.6.8 64-bit • Saitek Cyborg FLY 5 & Pro Flight Rudder Pedals & Throttle Quadrant • TrackIR v5-LinuxTrack • X-Plane 9.70 & 10.10r3

You're only in 10.10r3??

At least update to 10.11, which is the latest stable version.

Yep, I know, my bad, but I prefer 10.10 since I get a lot less Memory errors and crashes on my Mac, therefore I keep this one. I have 10.11 installed, but I don't use it: I guess I'm keeping it to test 10.20 at 64-bit when more and more plugins will be converted; I upgraded once to that version but I trashed it in 15 seconds flat, as nothing was working!

Anyway, a few friends at x-plane.it who have bought the Duchess have flown it under X-Plane 10.11 and some even with X-Plane 10.20 but it seems that it always presents itself with the same problems. So I see no need to upgrade to XP10.11 just for a plane that it would continue to misbehave anyway. I hope you can see and understand my point.

Instead under XP9.7 it flew perfectly, I remember that. How strange...  :huh:

Anyway, thank you Cameron for your very fast answer. I really hope problems will be solved soon.

Cheers,

I just tested the Duchess in X-Plane 10.11 and 10.20, and I see nothing wrong with it at all.  When trimmed, it flies perfectly steady.

Autopilot is also working correctly.

If you want any kind of assistance, first, I recommend you show a little more tact.  Coming in here and making outrageous opinions like "it flies horribly", is not the best way to go about getting any kind of help.

State the issue and provide as much detail as possible.  

Opinions, literally, do nothing to help me identify the problem.

First thing first, please excuse my poor choice of terms, but try to understand that I am struggling to express myself in a language that is not my mother tongue, and trying to find the correct words in describing the problem is really awfully hard for me, expecially while attempting to describe the fact using technical terms.

Having said that, I cannot tell you much more than what I have already said (considering also what I've read that happened to other users in previous posts).

Here's what happened, more or less:

I had to disengage A/P as I was flying the aircraft only with HDG mode, activated shortly after take off, since the aircraft did not keep its heading: it began rolling slowly from side to side, as if it was trying to correct its route constantly but never reaching a mid point. Also, when I engaged the ALT A/P function, it began the same behaviour but this time not only on the horizontal axis, but also on the vertical one. So I had an aircraft going up and down and left and right constantly, although with slow movements; I even tried to correct this manually with my stick, but with no luck at all obviously since the stick has not much priority over the A/P functions. So I disengaged the A/P and after a bit I managed to fly in a stright line more or less, although it has been terribly difficult to keep it trimmed not to dive or to go up too much. I felt as if my stick wasn't centered at all, and terribly delayed in its response; I don't know if you can understand what I am saying, anyway this is the sensation I had...

It was a very short route (a few dozens of miles) and I tried to keep some 4.000 ft. Eventually I began my descent, visibility was horrible since it was reduced so much by real weather at a poor couple of miles if not even less, but I knew a bit the terrain and I had my VOR, ADF and ILS instruments set correctly so I could manage a decent descent towards the correct point in space. At short final I began a too steep dive and since I couldn't keep the heading even with A/P completely turned off, I tried to reach the runway but with no luck. In the end, I managed to enter the field but without being able to stay on the runway that I crossed diagonally from side to side, reaching its left side with a too steep AOA, crashing on the ground. That's all. 

I cannot describe what happened with better words, I guess.

In brief the aircraft doesn't keep heading, and it doesn't keep altitude: with A/P engaged (HDG and ALT)  it rolls form side to side, and pitches up and down continuously. Flown in manual mode, it gives the impression that I had a misalligned stick, but it wasn't of course. I had the impression I was not in air, but in honey, meaning... so dense! The aircraft seemed to be responding to stick movements in a very delayed way. Whenever I tried to manually correct, it began a similar behaviour but after a lot of trimming I managed to fly in the way I've described to you, here and in my previous posts.

Ah, nearly forgot: I keep my flight models number at 2 at least in the sim so I don't think that it could be a possible cause...

Now I litterally do not know what to add anymore...

Bye.

Hi Goran,

I began 'playing' with plane maker (XP10.20), I made ​​changes to the AP artificial stability, roll seems reduced, smoothly find the position, even in straight and level flight, is no longer present.
this video Show after/before

Testing with weather CAVOK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNQxQO_9a4

xsystem1.jpg

I hope it's useful, but certainly isn't the best solution, but it is one i found :P

That came across a lot better and clearer.

An updated flight model was made and submitted to X-Aviation in December.

Please contact X-Aviation about this.

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php

Hey Goran,

I agree with the above poster "Mac", the rolling side to side is annoying, and can't be trimmed out. It's even worse with the AP on. We don't need to argue it's validity, it's present, and it's been discussed to death, elsewhere.

I took your advice and contacted Cameron, and he informed me that the latest public update is all that is available, it is the latest. You told me to contact him for some "new" update, which I did, it appears Cameron is not aware of this? The latest updates are from November, if something was submitted in December (flight model) were not seeing it? Perhaps I don't know where to look?

Glen

Edited by Muskoka

I really can't understand what is going on here with the Duchess. I have participated in this thread stating that I am seeing the same as others, flying hands-on or AP. You say a new flight model was submitted to Cameron, but I have had no notification so far of any update, the same as previous posters are saying. I just assuemed it was a case of waiting for the 64 bit XP to go final and it would be released then.

Sad to say I haven't even bothered flying the Duchess since November, it was previously my 'go-to' aircraft. Hopefully all will be sorted out eventually.

Simon